Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

doesn't mean they won't accept our offer later on,  mariappa may hold out for us and refuse discussion with wigan.  that would force watford's hands.

he'd be more likely to do if pardew wasn't saying things like "if he doesn't come today we'll look elsewhere in the summer"

nothing wrong with that, my interpretation of what pardew said is "tell you're agent and club you want to join nufc or you won't get another chance."

a good wake up call for the boy.

Guest bimpy474

Sweet Jesus, we're getting outbid by f***ing Wigan. :lol:

Hate when people say things like this, as if we can't afford the extra money. We simply don't want to pay that much for this player.

Spot on Sir/Madam......delete as applicable.

doesn't mean they won't accept our offer later on,  mariappa may hold out for us and refuse discussion with wigan.  that would force watford's hands.

he'd be more likely to do if pardew wasn't saying things like "if he doesn't come today we'll look elsewhere in the summer"

nothing wrong with that, my interpretation of what pardew said is "tell you're agent and club you want to join nufc or you won't get another chance."

to me it reads "we want you as cheap cover till steven taylor comes back"

I don't feel the "coming to something that we're outbid by Wigan" train of thought.

We had a price in mind and didn't want to go above it. Fair enough. If some other mug wants to pay more...let them. The last few games I've seen of him didn't impress me.

Of course...we desperately need a CB but why let Watford mug us. Not getting a CB will be disastrous and will be used as a reason to moan at the club for not upping their bid...and that's hard to argue with. But I think we're right not to pay over our valuation.

My biggest moan would be if they'd put all of their efforts in to this one player and have no back-up options. Hopefully not.

If we miss out on a player we've bid three or four times for, to Wigan, for the sake of £750k AND we end up with nobody at all then I think there will be some justified criticism.

If as you say we don't value him at more than £1.75m then fine, but don't give us the excuse that we couldn't find someone else around Europe for that kind of budget.

Guest bimpy474

His Prem career could be a total of 16 games.

He played 19 times apprx for Watford last time they were in the prem mate ;)

to me it reads "we want you as cheap cover till steven taylor comes back"

or to mariappa he thinks, i cant turn down a big club like nufc, il sign for you and prove you wrong Pardew.  O0

Comes to something when we are being outbid by Wigan.

Some idiot outbid me on Ebay for a fucking jam spoon last night. I know how good that jam spoon is and for that price I'd expect a jam spoon with a telescopic arm and laser guidance.

The jam spoon seller totally mugged him off.

Please don't tell me you're going to go forward with out a quality backup jam spoon!

I'm still reasonably confident we'll see a centre half, whether it be this lad or somebody else.

Loved this btw, everyone in the middle of losing their minds and along pops Wullie of all people with the optimistic view on things. :lol:

The bit today in the Chronicle about the club being encouraged by Perch's display v Brighton was always a bit ominous for me today.

Just can't believe there's not decent centreback cover on loan out there, if we really want it.

Guest Roger Kint

FWIW Remie Streete apparently put on FB that Pardew has told him he is ready to step up to the first team. One for the conspiracy boys  :lol:

Comes to something when we are being outbid by Wigan.

Some idiot outbid me on Ebay for a fucking jam spoon last night. I know how good that jam spoon is and for that price I'd expect a jam spoon with a telescopic arm and laser guidance.

The jam spoon seller totally mugged him off.

Please don't tell me you're going to go forward with out a quality backup jam spoon!

Backup? I'm a collector, got millions of the damn things.

Can't stand jam anymore.

The bit today in the Chronicle about the club being encouraged by Perch's display v Brighton was always a bit ominous for me today.

Just can't believe there's not decent centreback cover on loan out there, if we really want it.

Surely buying this guy for £2.5m and flogging Perch for, say £1m is good business?