Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Pardew says that if Mariappa wont sign today so he won't be a target in the summer

I think its fairly obvious from those quotes that Marriapa is only considered back up and we will go for a first choice CB in the summer.......

but taylor will be back

must be selling colo

Guest bimpy474

Pardew says that if Mariappa wont sign today so he won't be a target in the summer

I think its fairly obvious from those quotes that Marriapa is only considered back up and we will go for a first choice CB in the summer.......

but taylor will be back

must be selling colo

Oi you..........."the angry fist shaking icon that i cant do on this work computer" :D

Guest ykmkmdd

PeteGravesSky Pete Graves

#Watford want 4m for Mariappa... 3rd #NUFC bid was 1.8m. Unless latest 'final' bid is much improved... can't see this one happening.

Can't see us going anywhere north of £2.5m.  Suppose it's a gamble for Watford, if he goes they might get relegated, but they probably need the cash and Mariappa might want to leave anyway.  Add to the fact he's only got 18 months left on his contract (I think) they could end up selling him for less in the summer.

I reckon they will be hoping for a better offer from Swansea, Wigan and Arsenal interest seems like agent talk.

Guest neesy111

Just give them Perch, Kadar & Lovenkrands.

Can't see Lovenkrands dropping down to Championship again.  Though it is his level.

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew claims he has made a "final" bid for Adrian Mariappa but, bizarrely, the Watford Observer understands the offer has yet to be lodged with the Hornets.

Pardew told journalists in the North East this afternoon that "the ball was in Watford's court" after they made a final bid but we understand there has currently not been a fourth offer from the Magpies, who had three bids rejected last week.

We understand the last offer received by the Hornets was from Wigan, which was rejected, and that Arsenal and Swansea City have not bid for the 25-year-old, who has been Watford's stand-out performer this season.

Maybe we haven't made another bid?