Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

We are mega desperate for a CB. I'd be seething if we get no one as that would be plain mis management and could easily ruin this very promising season of ours. I'd be relieved if we managed to get someone but a bit underwhelmed by this signing If it's Williamson who gets injured we would have the smallest CB pairing in the league. 6 foot Colo can really struggle against the bigger more physical forwards as it is. Not seen much of Mariappa but at 5'10 i doubt he's going to be alot better than Colo in that particular area. Teams like Stoke could have a field day.

Hopefully this could be to tie us over until the summer. Good that he can play Right Back as well though as Simpson has had a strange season and can be good and can be poor at times too though. We could certainly strengthen that position.

This is going to be a long day seems alot of players we have been strongly linked with could easily end up at other clubs zaha, morisson and now mariappa

The policy of going in with a cheap bid / getting laughed out of town / alerts other clubs.

There aren't a great deal of centre halfs available in this window. I would be tempted to just wait 6 months for Douglas.

Me too, although I would look to bring in a promising youngster who could fill in at centre back if needed (seeing as we don't seem to rate Kadar). Playing Perch there is essentially waving the white flag.

We are mega desperate for a CB. I'd be seething if we get no one as that would be plain mis management and could easily ruin this very promising season of ours. I'd be relieved if we managed to get someone but a bit underwhelmed by this signing If it's Williamson who gets injured we would have the smallest CB pairing in the league. 6 foot Colo can really struggle against the bigger more physical forwards as it is. Not seen much of Mariappa but at 5'10 i doubt he's going to be alot better than Colo in that particular area. Teams like Stoke could have a field day.

We struggle against pace much more than size/height IMO.

This is going to be a long day seems alot of players we have been strongly linked with could easily end up at other clubs zaha, morisson and now mariappa

The policy of going in with a cheap bid / getting laughed out of town / alerts other clubs.

Aye, but we've also ended up with some amazing deals in the process.

There aren't a great deal of centre halfs available in this window. I would be tempted to just wait 6 months for Douglas.

Me too, although I would look to bring in a promising youngster who could fill in at centre back if needed (seeing as we don't seem to rate Kadar). Playing Perch there is essentially waving the white flag.

Getting a dependable player on loan for 6 months would be ideal IMO, not easy to find though of course.

We really need someone though, be it permanent or on loan.

Newcastle United close in on Adrian Mariappa‎

ChronicleLive - 20 minutes ago

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle NEWCASTLE United were hoping to tie up a deal for Adrian Mariappa ahead of tonight's transfer deadline.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/31/newcastle-united-close-in-on-adrian-mariappa-72703-30231937/

I know he gets a lot of stick but jesus sometimes it's justified

NEWCASTLE United were hoping to tie up a deal for Adrian Mariappa ahead of tonight’s transfer deadline.

But a bid for Montpellier skipper Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is thought to be unlikely at such a late stage in proceedings.

We were, but this unrelated thing doesn't make any mention of preventing it? Why is it past tense Lee?  Did you mean 'are'? (in reference to article title "close in on") No wait, you said we're not going to meet the price 4 paragraphs past the point where it would have made sense to include it.

Interesting perhaps from the telegraph blog......

"Some news, from a reliable source, on Newcastle's pursuit of Watford's Adrian Mariappa. Newcastle are in with a good chance if they raise their offer. They've been in for him twice, but Watford are holding out for more, conscious of his partnership with Nyron Nosworthy. Mariappa's not entirely convinced he wants to move either, given that he'd be filling in for Steven Taylor and may be displaced when he returns."

MsiDouglas:

Pardew confirming that Mariappa is only target. Furious with Ray Stubbs at ESPN over Cabaye coverage #nufc [via Twitter]

Too right aswell he was acting like a right c*nt, on Marriapa i have to say i expected this they have to atleast make it look like they are trying whether it actually happens or not is another matter entirely.

Lord knows we need a CB.