sunderland

JH

http://i.imgur.com/IaIEu.png

:mackems:

One home win all season. :lol: :lol:

That home win came in the last game of the season in a game against Fulham that was abandoned first time around.

They were losing 2-0 at the time of the abandonment as well iirc

Remember being really annoyed that they managed to win their only home game at the last time of asking

That clip is from Premier Passions which if you haven't watched it you need to, didn't realise they had a bid for Jon Dahl Tomasson accepted and he was at their training ground etc but he was wanting 40k per week in 1997. Wonder how much we ended up paying him. Reid was also after Andy Cole, Gazza & Paul Scholes not very realistic targets back then.

Guest BooBoo

The Premiership Years with the 5-1 is on at midnight.

Shite this, it's up to October and fuck all mention of us being back in the league, nowt about Carroll, didn't even show the Villa 6-0 ffs. Only showed the Ben Arfa goal.

The Premier League Years is shite full stop. It's basically the title race with a little bit tacked on the end about the teams that went down. And there's only many so many times you can listen to the Chemical Brothers.

Actually the whole of premier passions is on youtube, summik like 3 hours 55 mins.  I skipped through it last night, some proper  :facepalm: moments.  At the end of the season when they were relegated they had a meeting  John Fickling and Murray were being quizzed on why they never signed anyone.  They said they offered Gazza 28k a week, were in for Lee Clark but KK left and mentioned a couple more.  :lol:

Actually the whole of premier passions is on youtube, summik like 3 hours 55 mins.  I skipped through it last night, some proper  :facepalm: moments.  At the end of the season when they were relegated they had a meeting  John Fickling and Murray were being quizzed on why they never signed anyone.  They said they offered Gazza 28k a week, were in for Lee Clark but KK left and mentioned a couple more.  :lol:

in the days of video tape I had a 'comedy tape'. set to long player it could run for 6hrs, it contained bill hicks 'revelations', will durst at the edinburgh festival, my favourite episode of cheers, premier passions- the relegation episode, airplane, an episode of absolutely and bill hicks at just for laughs.

What I find the funniest about that whole issue is the mack-tracking regarding Sunderland's squad.  At the start of the season they were going to come above us and beat us in the derbies because they had a better squad on paper.  Now the great Arty Ziff has endured a virtually identical run to what Bruce was sacked for, it's because he inherited an awful squad off useless fat Mag Steve Bruce :lol:

totally pointless, whereas, if you do it the fair way, bruce's first 14 games v mons first 14 games:

Bruce W2 D5 L7

O'Neill W8 D2 L4

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=714078#ixzz207NmsrQj

:anguish:

None of them seem to have mentioned the fact that MON plays the same XI week in, week out - as he doesn't believe in squads -  till they're so knackered, the results go totally to shit.

What I find the funniest about that whole issue is the mack-tracking regarding Sunderland's squad.  At the start of the season they were going to come above us and beat us in the derbies because they had a better squad on paper.  Now the great Arty Ziff has endured a virtually identical run to what Bruce was sacked for, it's because he inherited an awful squad off useless fat Mag Steve Bruce :lol:

And the grand architect of the Bruce era, Nile Quin, is held somewhere between legend and sainthood status in their esteem.

He'd have been lynched on Tyneside.

If they implemented a rules system akin to the one on here where abuse was punishable with a ban and they had single threads for certain topics then I can imagine it would be a quality forum.

Oh and get rid of the random 'we should sign *insert player name here*' every time a player does well on a televised game.