sunderland

JH

306,710 views for the Adam Johnson Thread on RTG, now i'm convinced all of the shithole are  signed up to that place.

There will be some queue at the monkwearmouth bridge if Johnson doesn't sign for them :lol:

Im not just taking the piss here ( tho i am a canny bit) but I feel certaibn the delay sunderland have when they try to sign players, is while said players agaent is frantically rining every fucking club in the world trying to find an alternative.

Problem is, we had to pay a premium to sign (supposedly) top-whack players that didn't really want to come here. Luque, Owen etc. They then underperformed because they didn't want to be here.

Sunderland have to pay a premium just to sign mediocre players who don't really want to go there. They'll then underperform because they don't want to be there.

Still think we could have got Owen for a lot cheaper and we only paid that amount to top our Shearer bid.

Liverpool offered £8m didn't they, we really didn't need to offer >twice as much, they brought us good times but that era definitely did a few things to trump others with little thought to actual business sense.

Didn't they screw us with Owen because we'd screwed them with Woody the year before? That was the accepted wisdom at the time iirc, something about owed instalments or some such and we both just called it quits.  :dontknow:

Seems too much of a coincidence it was just above our Shearer bid, especially given who was in charge at the time.

Again like the Debuchy bid, I don't think the buying/selling club had any reason to want to fuck us over. Woodgate was a known crock and Lille inserted the silly clause in Cabaye's contract.