sunderland

JH

Dempsey would be a cracking signing for them.  Their defence is still a bit shoddy and old but up front and in midfield they'll have the makings of a decent outfit as long as Artie uses them properly.  Can see Dempsey and Sessegnon playing advanced midfield behind Fletcher with Johnson and the irish lad up the wings.  Catts for me like as the holding midfielder behind them.  Not a bad setup really.

Dempsey would be a cracking signing for them.  Their defence is still a bit shoddy and old but up front and in midfield they'll have the makings of a decent outfit as long as Artie uses them properly.  Can see Dempsey and Sessegnon playing advanced midfield behind Fletcher with Johnson and the irish lad up the wings.  Catts for me like as the holding midfielder behind them.  Not a bad setup really.

that would be cattermole as the holding player behind 5 players with no defensive intention at all ?

that would be cattermole as the holding player behind 5 players with no defensive intention at all ?

Artie will have the irish lad whose name i can never remember tracking back to help out, he's got a good engine on him.  Johnson should also drop back to cover ahead of the full back too.  Sessegnon and Dempsey as normal central mids when they don't have the ball, effectively playing a standard four-five-one without the ball and a sort of four-three-three with it.

Artie will have the irish lad whose name i can never remember tracking back to help out, he's got a good engine on him.  Johnson should also drop back to cover ahead of the full back too.  Sessegnon and Dempsey as normal central mids when they don't have the ball, effectively playing a standard four-five-one without the ball and a sort of four-three-three with it.

dempsey is a tad work shy from what i remember, gutherieish, gets into the right position but won't put himself on the line defensivly, also he's a bit of a nolan (imo) scores without having good games makes him seem better than he is.

I can really identify tbh, because when Lee Clark signed for the mackems I hoped he did really well there because he was a Wallsend lad like me.

Did I f***. :lol:

:lol: That's completely different. They're your local rivals. Of course you wouldn't give a s***.

The Newcastle v Sunderland thing doesn't really mean as much to me.

I understand it's like Yankees v Mets or something, but it's not like Dempsey left us to play for them. That would be totally different.

f*** sake Mike, get back in the NFL thread before you embarrass yourself.

'before' :yao:

Just trying to spare the guy's feelings. :lol:

Some basic f***ing s*** here Mike, how long you been on this board?

:lol: You know that I understand rivalries, man. You more than anyone. You post in the US threads.

But there are Newcastle fans all over the world now, and you have to understand that the stuff that means a lot to you won't mean a lot to some of the foreigners.

:lol: I remember typing this s*** before.

I can empathize, but most of the time the Sunderland stuff is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Your hatred of them is hilarious, but if Dempsey goes there, I'll look out for their results and hope he does well while they stay mid-bottom of the league.

Sweet mother of jesus, we have a mackem apologiser on our forum.

Guest bimpy474

Dempsey's a really good player, would be a big improvement for them. Also Mike what the fuck are you ON ABOUT!?

He is a great player but not in our sights, simply because of his age. Daft to completely close older players off like that.

Were Sunderland to get Dempsey and not lose their best player before Saturday then they can say they have acquired 3 decent players. How much the nett effect of those three will be on what is a poor side is debatable and remains to be seen.

However they also look like typical, predictable Artie deals, i.e. British based, overpriced and financially precarious if things go wrong.

Exactly the type of players/deals our recruitment team wouldn't touch with a barge pole nowadays, and rightly so imo.

I think he's really tidy in possession and gets quite a few goals, he'd be a great acquisition for them. That said I'd still expect them to follow in the footsteps of Villa no matter who they sign as long as its within the O'Neill blueprint. They'll be absolutely fucked when he leaves, more so than Villa are now.

I can really identify tbh, because when Lee Clark signed for the mackems I hoped he did really well there because he was a Wallsend lad like me.

Did I f***. :lol:

:lol: That's completely different. They're your local rivals. Of course you wouldn't give a s***.

The Newcastle v Sunderland thing doesn't really mean as much to me.

I understand it's like Yankees v Mets or something, but it's not like Dempsey left us to play for them. That would be totally different.

f*** sake Mike, get back in the NFL thread before you embarrass yourself.

'before' :yao:

Just trying to spare the guy's feelings. :lol:

Some basic f***ing s*** here Mike, how long you been on this board?

:lol: You know that I understand rivalries, man. You more than anyone. You post in the US threads.

But there are Newcastle fans all over the world now, and you have to understand that the stuff that means a lot to you won't mean a lot to some of the foreigners.

:lol: I remember typing this s*** before.

I can empathize, but most of the time the Sunderland stuff is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Your hatred of them is hilarious, but if Dempsey goes there, I'll look out for their results and hope he does well while they stay mid-bottom of the league.

Oh dear Mike, you're a lost cause :sad:

Artie will have the irish lad whose name i can never remember tracking back to help out, he's got a good engine on him. Johnson should also drop back to cover ahead of the full back too.  Sessegnon and Dempsey as normal central mids when they don't have the ball, effectively playing a standard four-five-one without the ball and a sort of four-three-three with it.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA