sunderland

JH

I'm nee hard curnt or owt like that...

But I have a list of people I would love to go one on one with in a fucking car park. He is one.

Love to knock this arrogant prick out.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=685039&page=4#ixzz1ptLXOnXp

The MGM Grand?  Madison Square Garden? Nar, mackems would be happy to fight in a fucking car park.

It's not so much what he did for us as what he did. I'm sure had he took someone else from the position we were in and had them in Europe 2 seasons later via league placing I'd be saying the same about him as I do now. I didn't have to support cloughs teams to recognise what he brought to them and for all Keegan was no clough he was much more than some on here think.

Keegan as a player did more than most people have ever done for this club, he topped that as a manager.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

tbf they're kind of right in saying that you can't pass any remarks on a black man's appearance without if being classed as racist. Like if Demba Ba was white that wouldn't be considered racist at all, so it is sort of double standards really.

as it's clearly the wrong thread and the lovelorn tubthumpers are out in force i'm not gonna carry on this keegan thing with HTT...personally i don't recall saying anything negative about the bloke at all, merely tried to put his overall career into some kind of perspective

no-one can and should have anything bad to say about his spell from '92-'97 as it was amazing from pretty much the moment he arrived

Guest neesy111

I wonder if people ignore or perhaps stopped caring when he went to Fulham and Man City and revived those teams too.

I'd like to see him do it on a shoe string budget tbh, he had plenty of cash at Fulham & City to get them promoted.  Let's see how'd he do with Roberto Martinez's budget for example.

What Keegan did for us during his 1st managerial spell will never be replicated again in this country imo, phenomenal revival playing arguably the best football this country has seen.

Since then I think he's been average tbh.

Plenty of 'average' managers out there who would have struggled with Man City's budget and again struggled to get Fulham promoted.

Allardyce is hardly setting the Championship alight is he?

Guest bimpy474

Plenty of 'average' managers out there who would have struggled with Man City's budget and again struggled to get Fulham promoted.

Surrounded as i'am by West Ham fans down here, my own spaz of a brother supports them, not one of them likes Allardyce or his brand of football, it will end in tears if what they are saying is anything to go by.

McClean signs new deal. Smoggies are toxic green with envy and we are rattled.

Fucking hell in that case they must have been shook to their foundations when Krul and Coloccini signed new deals.

Guest neesy111

Remember he only got Fulham promoted from Division 2 to 1 with a blank cheque book.  He spent 10M on getting City back promoted which in 2001 was an astonishing amount for Division 1 back then.

I wouldn't even put Allardyce as average tbh.

McClean signs new deal. Smoggies are toxic green with envy and we are rattled.

Aye, saw it on BBC. Thought the clip they showed where he displayed unpleasant bad sportsmanship by running on to score after an opposition player fell to the ground with a serious injury was rather unfortunate in light of last week's sad events at White Hart Lane.

His impact so far has been down to a youthful directness but essentially a one trick pony who has been a part timer just a bit too long. Nothing is less effective on a football pitch than a one trick pony when the trick stops working.

Anti-Sunderland bias aside, i genuinely do not get this McClean thing. It's reminding me of the buzz we got when Steven Taylor first came on the scene. It was exciting that we'd promoted a youngster and they were doing well at first, but exaggerated his abilities just because he was a young lad. There's no doubting that McClean looks a promising player, but i've yet to see anything to really set the heart racing. Thought he was gash against us in-particular.

Guest neesy111

Anti-Sunderland bias aside, i genuinely do not get this McClean thing. It's reminding me of the buzz we got when Steven Taylor first came on the scene. It was exciting that we'd promoted a youngster and they were doing well at first, but exaggerated his abilities just because he was a young lad. There's no doubting that McClean looks a promising player, but i've yet to see anything to really set the heart racing. Thought he was gash against us in-particular.

Yeah, I'm basically this.

It's not as though they brought him through the academy though. They bought him in the summer.

I think McClean looks a good player but obviously needs more experience. Could easily be a case of throwing too much expectation on his shoulders since, y'know, who do Sunderland have for flair/pace/creativity? Sessegnon and....?

It feels like people are just pining for the return of the direct winger who runs up and down the line all game. That's great and all, but he's never blown me away. Even if he is mediocre, it's still a bit of a catch picking him up from the filthy Irish league.

Unless he adapts like Bale did, then he's going to be found out very soon (if he hasnt already). All left foot, always looking to go on the outside, doesnt look particularly skillful but has great pace. Early days but not sure if he's clever enough to change his game up (his face gives me this impression).