sunderland

JH

Guest neesy111

brummie, your posts about Villa and O'Neill in the last few months have been one of the highlights of this forum for me. They are class. :lol:

2nd.

Also they align to what other Villa fans I know have said about him.

Incidentally, that ^^^^ really is exactly what will happen. Just watch.

Aye you have to get rid of Arty Ziff, so some other mug employs him, and forthwith, you then have someone daft enough to buy all of the shite he's bought for your club.

That's the amazing thing. It's fucking ace.

He's going to have at least one of James Collins and Stephen Warnock, and very possibly both of them.

Ask any Villa fan you like, there's not one of us who wants to see that toxic fucking defence again, and those two were amongst the worst bits of it.

Already rumours about the execrable Alan Hutton going to Stoke. Wasn't even taken to our US tour. Honestly, I'm so happy recently.

Don't say that, you're giving me a hard on.

They will probably be what Sunderland fans will be saying about him as well when he fails to meet their expectations after another lower-mid table finish.

The thing is, I knew he'd go somewhere else, get another job, but I thought I'd be limited to talking about him with other Villa fans. I feel quite lucky I'd been here for a few years and he went to Sunderland. Hey presto, a perfect audience for my rants.

That's another thing. Sunderland. Really, I have nothing against them, by and large. One thing I will say, though, is I bet MON thought he'd walk into a much better job than that when he flounced out on us.

By all accounts (and this is something Barry Bannan confirmed in the press), he was pissed off whilst still with us that Liverpool didn't talk to him about their job (when they overlooked him for the mighty Roy Hodgson).

I can only wonder what kind of a come down Sunderland must be for him.

GOOD.

There's a thread on that Mackem board with the title "all the stuff them Villa fans said" which goes on to claim it is all bollocks.

You can imagine the stuff that was said by our fans aboiut MON - largely, the stuff I too say, as it's the fucking truth. Anyway. Said thread basically accuses us of being bitter / ungrateful whatever, but oh, the irony, for their own board is now filling up nicely with threads complaining about MON for doing THE EXACT SAME THINGS WE SAID HE'D DO.

And to think, they're only at stage 1 or 2 of a MON pre-season at the moment.

Stage 1 - for ages, nothing happens other than people leaving.

Stage 2 - signs someone in the slightly uninspiring, but "he can only add to the squad" mould. Someone he's worked with before usually. This time, Cuellar.

Stage 3 - preseason is well under way now, things aren't looking too good, fans getting really scared at skimpiness of squad and lack of action. People start talking about how tired the squad looked at the end of the season (season in which for 90 percent of games, he's started the same XI).

Stage 4 - this is the point at which Martin stirs, and realises he'd best do some business. Not having a scouting network of any sort (and this isn't an exaggeration, at Villa, we had one single man, Ian Storey-Moore, and that was it), Martin decides to buy British / British based, as he's running out of time, and he's seen the players on MOTD before.

At this point, he will make a truly baffling signing. This happens at this stage almost every season. Imagine our situation when, awash with Lerner's initial millions, Martin made some of these signings: Zat Knight (to replace Gary Cahill), Marlon Fucking Harewood (three year contract, big lad), Emile Shitting Heskey (while Sunderland are signing Darren Bent).

You get the drift. At this point, loyalists will say "I'll judge him on what he does in our shirt" - basically, making excuses, acting encouraged, whilst actually, crying inside.

Stage 5 - approaching the end of the window. The season has started. The majority of fans are now at the point of hysteria. The average fan is thinking DO SOMETHING, IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, FUCKING SIGN SOMETHING.

Stage 6 - deadline day approaches. Martin realises he's in big fucking trouble and needs bodies in fast. Calls meetings with agents of players of unspectacular quality. Agents aware Martin's running out of trouble, ask for ludicrous terms. Habib Beye's agent, fresh from trying to negotiate his player into Hull City, for example, is aware he's onto a winner here - "well, he's 32 now, so shall we say three years at 40k a week?" Deal done. Here comes Emile Heskey's agent. Martin really wants the big man, he knows him, he's worked with him before, he loves a big lad up front. "So, Mart, how does a 3.5 year contract to take Emile through to 35 years of age, at 65k a week sound?"

Of course, Martin has no choice, he can't do anything.

Three or four years of this ^^^^ you end up with a load of players of unspectacular quality, on big, big money and long contracts, and your wage bill is 90 percent of your turnover. Still, you can always get Martin to move some of them on, can't you? But, of course, Martin's fucked off by that point, such transfer dealing is beneath him.

Great stuff.

I must admit i initially had fear that he'd prove you wrong, learn from past mistakes and see his weaknesses and improve on his overall ability as manager, especially since he's now somewhere he supposedly has a connection with...some drunken tattoo or something...and would want to be the best he can be. But no, he's walking the same lines, doing the same things that led him in to trouble at Villa, and you saw it from a mile off, only this time he doesn't have the money or a good base of players which to pool from. Finances are almost like he's left the club already, the squad like he pre-assembled it in his dreams minus some pace upfront and all this with the full backing of the fans, what can possibly go wrong?  :lol:

There's a thread on that Mackem board with the title "all the stuff them Villa fans said" which goes on to claim it is all bollocks.

You can imagine the stuff that was said by our fans aboiut MON - largely, the stuff I too say, as it's the fucking truth. Anyway. Said thread basically accuses us of being bitter / ungrateful whatever, but oh, the irony, for their own board is now filling up nicely with threads complaining about MON for doing THE EXACT SAME THINGS WE SAID HE'D DO.

Stage 2 - signs someone in the slightly uninspiring, but "he can only add to the squad" mould. Someone he's worked with before usually. This time, Cuellar.

Stage 3 - preseason is well under way now, things aren't looking too good, fans getting really scared at skimpiness of squad and lack of action. People start talking about how tired the squad looked at the end of the season (season in which for 90 percent of games, he's started the same XI).

Stage 4 - this is the point at which Martin stirs, and realises he'd best do some business. Not having a scouting network of any sort (and this isn't an exaggeration, at Villa, we had one single man, Ian Storey-Moore, and that was it), Martin decides to buy British / British based, as he's running out of time, and he's seen the players on MOTD before.

At this point, he will make a truly baffling signing. This happens at this stage almost every season. Imagine our situation when, awash with Lerner's initial millions, Martin made some of these signings: Zat Knight (to replace Gary Cahill), Marlon Fucking Harewood (three year contract, big lad), Emile Shitting Heskey (while Sunderland are signing Darren Bent).

You get the drift. At this point, loyalists will say "I'll judge him on what he does in our shirt" - basically, making excuses, acting encouraged, whilst actually, crying inside.

Stage 5 - approaching the end of the window. The season has started. The majority of fans are now at the point of hysteria. The average fan is thinking DO SOMETHING, IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, FUCKING SIGN SOMETHING.

Stage 6 - deadline day approaches. Martin realises he's in big fucking trouble and needs bodies in fast. Calls meetings with agents of players of unspectacular quality. Agents aware Martin's running out of trouble, ask for ludicrous terms. Habib Beye's agent, fresh from trying to negotiate his player into Hull City, for example, is aware he's onto a winner here - "well, he's 32 now, so shall we say three years at 40k a week?" Deal done. Here comes Emile Heskey's agent. Martin really wants the big man, he knows him, he's worked with him before, he loves a big lad up front. "So, Mart, how does a 3.5 year contract to take Emile through to 35 years of age, at 65k a week sound?"

Three or four years of this ^^^^ you end up with a load of players of unspectacular quality, on big, big money and long contracts, and your wage bill is 90 percent of your turnover. Still, you can always get Martin to move some of them on, can't you? But, of course, Martin's fucked off by that point, such transfer dealing is beneath him.

This may need an airing somewhere else on the internet.

i think they know their fate this season isnt looking good. i bet there tucking into their cheesy chips and blue pop right now worrying about things, i think they know looking at the squads theres a fair chance of 2 derby defeats.

This may need an airing somewhere else on the internet.

if you do, can you link it, cos there is probably a dozen threads on there that it could go in.

i think they know their fate this season isnt looking good. i bet there tucking into their cheesy chips and blue pop right now worrying about things, i think they know looking at the squads theres a fair chance of 2 derby defeats.

Never be cocky about the derbies, that is their stance and it usually bites them in the arse. Anything can and will happen.

Never be cocky about the derbies, that is their stance and it usually bites them in the arse. Anything can and will happen.

we seem to be making good strides and they seem to be going backwards but i see your point

Guest elbee909

The SMB has now embraced Women's football, because two of the GB team come from their neck of the woods. Just hope Titus doesn't take an interest.

He is into his rearguard action.