sunderland

JH

:lol:

That whole thread man. There is one bloke talking about it as if it was like something from f***ing Bravehart. 'Marching on monument' and 'taking Pink Lane'  :lol:

For those of us who went to St James and Roker in the 70s, its total horseshit as well.

Aye. Anyone who was around back then knows that Sunderland were regarded as an absolute pushover.

Mind things have changed a lot since the advent of the internet, they're the hardest fans in football nowadays.

now that everyone else (except stoke and the likes of forest and cardiff) have grown up.

Looks like Wolves will play hard-ball to £15m.  :lol:

Like any other pro footballer if he has any realistic options he will only go to Sunderland for a vastly inflated price and a silly contract.

Makes you wonder how much more overpriced dross they can clog their finances up with before the shit hits the fan.

He's certainly a big downgrade on Darren Bent and Gyan...and for more money.

Personally think he's much better for the team than Bent. I don't know if Fletcher will get 15 goals in a season like O'neill was saying but he will improve them a hell of a lot. Despite all that, he's not worth any more than £7m

Ever wonder why the pink piggery wasn’t put forward for Olympic duty? I hadn’t, but assumed it was because the city and stadium were deemed sub-standard by IOC criteria, in that the place has a complete lack of cultural attractions, decent restaurants, bars or shops, an almost total absence of hotels, and basically that the overall squalid feel to the city centre meant it was never even close to consideration.

No, of course not. It was f*cking Coldplay’s fault!  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=718606

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/159807-Demba-Ba

Mental some of them like.

I especially like:

Maybe it was the fact he scored 1 goal in the last 18 games that has alarmed many suitors?

£10m for Fletcher who scored more in those last 18 games isnt thast bad is it?

Scoring 16 in the first half of the season and bugger all in the second is no good and maybe shows that he cant play 2nd fiddle in a 2 striker set up. Also, I think that the craas got lucky with that knee. It could still go at any minute.

Apparently scoring 12 all season is better than scoring 16 in the first half  :idiot2:

There's a thread running on the SMB site at present which has been mentioned on here and is essentially a glorification of football hooliganism most particularly relating to the many historic occassions on which they have allegedy "battered the mags". Judging by the numbers of "batterings" we have received at their hands over the years I would assume that none of us have escaped their wrath on some occasion or other. However, funnily enough I know a lot of Newcastle fans, but can't think of anyone who has suffered the gory beatings they seem to be revelling in relating through their keyboards right now.

There are a few main contributors who are keeping the thread running with their tales of heroism, martyrdom and military like operations against "the Mags", but frankly reading between the lines they sound like sad, probably perverted individuals who most likely have never had a real fight in their lives but love wallowing in the reflected glory of those who have.

In typical macum fashion it has now descended into civil war as they squabble amongst themselves about whether people from East Durham are harder than people from Sunderland or somewhere else or vice versa.

If anyone anywhere in the world needs an insight to what a festering hovel of a place Sunderland is, stuck in a timewarp and populated by backward dimwits, then that thread sums them and the place up perfectly.

There's a thread running on the SMB site at present which has been mentioned on here and is essentially a glorification of football hooliganism most particularly relating to the many historic occassions on which they have allegedy "battered the mags". Judging by the numbers of "batterings" we have received at their hands over the years I would assume that none of us have escaped their wrath on some occasion or other. However, funnily enough I know a lot of Newcastle fans, but can't think of anyone who has suffered the gory beatings they seem to be revelling in relating through their keyboards right now.

There are a few main contributors who are keeping the thread running with their tales of heroism, martyrdom and military like operations against "the Mags", but frankly reading between the lines they sound like sad, probably perverted individuals who most likely have never had a real fight in their lives but love wallowing in the reflected glory of those who have.

In typical macum fashion it has now descended into civil war as they squabble amongst themselves about whether people from East Durham are harder than people from Sunderland or somewhere else or vice versa.

If anyone anywhere in the world needs an insight to what a festering hovel of a place Sunderland is, stuck in a timewarp and populated by backward dimwits, then that thread sums them and the place up perfectly.

http://www.gameculture.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/KeyboardWarriorsGC.jpg

I went to Roker a few times, 70s-90s, as well as derbies at SJP. I was never beaten up. All I ever saw was them shouting/throwing  stuff and running away.