sunderland

JH

Fourteen fucking million English bastard pounds.

Christ man.

As I said the other day, he'll do well for them but not a cat in hells chance he's worth that much money.

Oddily enough, on the day he transfers for that much, Scotland Manager Craig Levein says the 'door is closed' on Steven Fletcher's international career.

Fletcher 100% a Sunderland player, over-priced but good addition. Should Johnson arrive as well then theyve got someone to supply his head as well. Think Johnson would be a fantastic move for them, easily their best player.

i'd say marty has himself a pretty good plan a on paper, albeit a very expensive one, always remember brummie saying the bloke has no plan b whatsoever though...can't see plan a being that hard to stop myself

Firstly, I don't think Johnson would be a great signing. Secondly, he'll still have other clubs sniffing around. Thirdly, if (and it's looking unlikely) they sell Sessegnon then these two signings only cancel that out.

Those two signings can transform their pathetic squad full of plodders into a tough opposition for most of the league. Still, it's just a matter of time until Marty fucks off and they're left in a similar position to Villa..

Guest Roger Kint

Obviously they've paid massively over the odds for Fletcher but Johnson is a fantastic signing for them. They now have a player who could actually walk into our squad :bluestar:

Fees & wages(being generous - £40k pw each) would be close to 40% of their turnover, they better deliver top half finishes or the club will never turn a profit. Financially they are taking a huge gamble.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=13281816&postcount=99

:lol: The first line :lol:

Anyone who thinks this is a good singing is moronic.

I'd rather have Johnson than Obertan tbh.

This is isn't football manager, Johnson wouldn't be any more than a squad player for us.

To be fair, I think he wouldn't look out of place in our first 11. We don't need him as we have other, comparable options, but if we were looking for a winger I wouldn't mind him. As for the mackems, he's much better than anything they've got, so definitely a good signing for them.

Didn't they have a worryingly high wages to turnover ratio when their accounts were published?  They're hardly going to decrease that with MON in charge, making his usual overpriced, overpaid signings!

Think Johnson will be a top signing for them.  Fletcher is half decent but is very 'meh' to me.  Would be disappointed if we forked out 14 million quid for him.  Then again, he's streets ahead of anything else they have up top, so beggars can't be choosers.

Obviously they've paid massively over the odds for Fletcher but Johnson is a fantastic signing for them. They now have a player who could actually walk into our squad :bluestar:

Fees & wages(being generous - £40k pw each) would be close to 40% of their turnover, they better deliver top half finishes or the club will never turn a profit. Financially they are taking a huge gamble.

I cannot say i'm privy to their finances tbh but I think £10m(?) and £40k is a good deal for Johnson, it's just a shame for them that every other deal they've made in the past couple of years (bar Sess & Larsson) has been horrific.

Johnson is an ok player that's been exaggerated by hype. At Boro, he was a squad player until they got relegated and he had a brilliant half a season in the Championship. Then he joined Man City and has been a squad player again. He'll occasionally play against lower sides and do well but he's surrounded by world class players so of course he will. He's also never shone for England, as shown by his omission from the Euro 2012 squad. I just don't think he's a player that a mid-table club should pin their hopes on.

Fletcher is half decent but is very 'meh' to me. Would be disappointed if we forked out 14 million quid for him. 

I would be mortified :lol:

Yeah maybe disappointed wasn't a strong enough adjective.  Suicidal would be more appropriate :lol: