sunderland

JH

he comes across as laclustre flatters to decieve , lacking the courage of his convictions type of character. dont mind that they have him, or fletcher- who they proclaim will deffo get 15 goals based on nothing but hope. Another season of massive expectation, followed by slow dawning realisation , much to our amusement . Is on the cards- mark my words.

Two signings that will definitely improve them IMO.

Yep... And hopefully just enough to ensure our board feel the need to respond in a positive manner before this window shuts... 

he comes across as laclustre flatters to decieve , lacking the courage of his convictions type of character. dont mind that they have him, or fletcher- who they proclaim will deffo get 15 goals based on nothing but hope. Another season of massive expectation, followed by slow dawning realisation , much to our amusement . Is on the cards- mark my words.

Delete the last bit man  :lol: Talk about tempting fate. This is what they normally get up to.

Two signings that will definitely improve them IMO.

Yep... And hopefully just enough to ensure our board feel the need to respond in a positive manner before this window shuts... 

Since when did Llambias give a shit what Sunderland do? :lol:

Johnson is a good player and he'll certainly improve them but some of the hype is ridiculous. He was practically a reserve at Man City (they're replacing him with Scott Sinclair for fucks sake :lol:) and he struggles to get a game in a pretty weak England side. From what I've seen he's another semi-decent English player who is built up to daft levels by press because he could be the next great, white hope. Henderson got similar treatment when he moved to Liverpool.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sewelly :thup:

Good signings and definite improvements made. Paying about double Fletcher's actual value though, of course.

AJ would not join us as he needs to play games & 433 that would mean us dropping HBA & Pards is not going to do that. Spurs have Lennon. Only other realistic option was Liverpool & lets be honest Rodgers is looking clueless atm so that deal was never going to happen.

Like I've already said, he struggles with consistency, good player on his day but overall very average.

Would be a bit underwhelmed if we had signed him, but to listen to some Sunderland fans they have just signed Messi.

Big gamble by Sunderland shelling out big bucks on these two mind, i think only Fletcher is a sensible move as they need goals badly (although hes average too), who is Johnson going to replace?

Like I've already said, he struggles with consistency, good player on his day but overall very average.

Would be a bit underwhelmed if we had signed him, but to listen to some Sunderland fans they have just signed Messi.

Big gamble by Sunderland shelling out big bucks on these two mind, i think only Fletcher is a sensible move as they need goals badly (although hes average too), who is Johnson going to replace?

Larsson I would imagine?

Good move for Johnson. It's closer to the move he should have made from Boro in the first place. Not good enough for a title challenging side, but still a good career detour that has allowed him to pick up the two biggest domestic trophies and a canny wage.

Good signing for the mackems unfortunately. That £25 million or so should elevate them to 9th or 10thish whereas previously I'd have had them down to scrape survival.

That said - I'm quite happy that he didn't go to Everton (which was heavily linked).

Johnson would've been a decent addition to our squad, but squad only as there's no way he could dislodge Ben Arfa as like him he is best cutting in from the right. Plus due to other wide options there's no way we would pay his reported wages for him not to be guaranteed a game, likewise he would never have came here for both of those reasons.

Let's not kid ourselves him and Fletcher are both big improvements to their squad and yes they have overpaid but teams at that level have to to bring these players in.

I can't say that I'm losing any sleep over these two signing and tbh I'll probably forget about it in about 10 minutes as they'll be an irrelevance on our season again, and I haven't read RTG but I can imagine there'll be loads of posts of them either gloating, posting joint XI's with both Johnson and Fletcher starting or saying how jealous we are of them.

That's the difference between us and them, their sole ambition in their squalid little lives is to get one over on usc whereas we tend to not care about them until Derby week. If we make any signings of significance over the next week the last thing I will be thinking about is that the Mackems will be jealous of us.