sunderland

JH

They were excellent tonight. Reminded me very much of the Leicester City team that O'Neill managed. Shame on them that there weren't many there to see it although I fully expect that they will all claim to have been there.

Are they singing 'Are your watching newcastle...'? They realy are obsessed

Simply could not believe i was hearing that. They think they've arrived at footballs top table and are the envy of the world.

How dare they sing "we are the loyalist football fans the world has ever seen" when they have such a pathetic turnout too? We need Ba, Cisse and all to bring them back down a peg or 2 in a couple of weeks.

Are they singing 'Are your watching newcastle...'? They realy are obsessed

Simply could not believe i was hearing that.

Louise Taylor finishes off her Guardian report by mentioning it, the sense of unashamed glee is stomach churning.

Just watched ITV's shit coverage - remind me, is Deflection or Own-Goal their top scorer this season? They both seem to score regularly but cba to watch all their scruffy goals again. I know they've had a few screamers too just lately, like.

Sunderland are f***ed whatever happens. Either the bubble bursts, or his reputation soars and Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal come-a-knocking.

I really don't think this will happen. Everyone knows his modus operandi, and it doesn't suit the way Spurs or Arsenal want to go about things (ideally, of course).

I can't get as interested in them as I was when Bruce was there. Honestly think I hated that guy more than I've ever hated Sunderland themselves as a club. O'Neill has always come across as a decent bloke, and as a non Geordie I don't really have to deal with any real life Mackems so it's not the same for me.

Hope they don't win the cup though, obviously. This place would turn nasty. :lol:

As for O'Neill moving on, after his tenure at Villa it'll take more than 6 good months at Sunderland to earn him a shot at a place like Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal.

The only way he'll leave is if Harry doesn't take the England job after the Euros. Actually think O'Neill's style would be perfect for England. Always been a great motivator, his weaknesses as a manager are in the transfer market and his inability to rotate his squad over a season and keep people fresh. Neither of those are an issue at international level. Think he'd be good in the role.

I can't get as interested in them as I was when Bruce was there. Honestly think I hated that guy more than I've ever hated Sunderland themselves as a club. O'Neill has always come across as a decent bloke, and as a non Geordie I don't really have to deal with any real life Mackems so it's not the same for me.

Hope they don't win the cup though, obviously. This place would turn nasty. :lol:

As for O'Neill moving on, after his tenure at Villa it'll take more than 6 good months at Sunderland to earn him a shot at a place like Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal.

The only way he'll leave is if Harry doesn't take the England job after the Euros. Actually think O'Neill's style would be perfect for England. Always been a great motivator, his weaknesses as a manager are in the transfer market and his inability to rotate his squad over a season and keep people fresh. Neither of those are an issue at international level. Think he'd be good in the role.

Spot on. I'd rather have him than Harry.

Unashamedly have to bump my own post but I hope they will take it a bit more seriously this time!

Seems like the SoShite is becoming known as a music arena which also stages football matches.

On yesterday's game - good result again but that horrible style of football, I couldn't pay to watch that (seems like most macums agree).

2-0 and not a shot on target.

In addition to below, judging by amount of rubbish in the SoShite they may as well just turn it into an official landfill site which would probably enhance the town centre's appearance.

Sunderland could do themselves,struggling Darlington and north-east football in general a big favour.

It's becoming a bit of an enbarrassment to the north-east when the nation views the half empty stadiums some of our teams play in.

Gateshead will move to a suitably sized stadium which will finally create an atmosphere and Darlington have suffered through the folly of makem safe breaker, mad George Renyolds and the oversize stadium he built. Sunderland and Boro play every game in front of vast empty spaces. So why don't Sunderland move down the road to Darlington's Northern Echo arena ?

It wouldn't be like leaving Roker Park which had a century of history and tradition.

It's not like their present bland,soulless stadium built on industrial waste land cost much to build.

Their fans obsess about attendances and crave a full stadium and atmosphere - they could probably fill the NE arena for some games.

Why pay the running costs for a 48,000 seat stadium when it can only be filled twice a year when Newcastle United or Take That provide the attraction ?

It certainly wouldn't affect any of their players or staff who traditionally live in Newcastle/Gateshead,Durham or Yarm and probably need their sat-navs switched on to find the SoL anyway.

It hasn't had a bad affect on clubs like Brighton or Bolton to move out of town.

It would free up Darlo to develop a suitable sized stadium.

So come on Sunderland, you must now realise looney Bob's plans to have "one more seat" will never work, you can't fill what you've got unless Newcastle are in town, so think realistically about the future and move into a ready made stadium which is the right size for the club.