sunderland

JH

Was speaking to Nixon who has to watch them now for his job and he can't believe they spent £10 million on Johnson. Reckons he has been poor all season long, bar one or 2 notable MOTD highlights.

Few of my mackem pals repeatedly say he's been shite overall.

Johnson's problem is his complete lack of athletic ability, weak mentality, mixed in with an alarming lack of flair. He has a brilliant left foot and good first touch/technique but that's about it. Completely different ball game being City's super sub compared to playing regularly for an uninspiring mid-table team, where he has to work a lot harder to create chances for himself.

Johnson suffers mentally, just doesn't have the character to be a great footballer. Lazy attitude towards training, his own fitness and efforts on the pitch. It's a trio of bad traits to have and he's lucky he's got a bit of pace while being technically very good.

He should be doing much better than he's doing now, but his attitude is off, and the two moves he's made have shown exactly where he's at or was at in his head, made it as a player when he went to citeh, and the next move a chance to chill, earn good money close to family and not really have to put much effort in to things.

At the right price, I would have him at Everton. I'm convinced if he puts the effort in there's a damn good player there. I dunno, I guess that flies in the face of evidence to the contrary but I really think he could be a very good footballer if he put his mind to it.

Obviously will bow to the better judgement of those who've seen him more.

Johnson suffers mentally, just doesn't have the character to be a great footballer. Lazy attitude towards training, his own fitness and efforts on the pitch. It's a trio of bad traits to have and he's lucky he's got a bit of pace while being technically very good.

He should be doing much better than he's doing now, but his attitude is off, and the two moves he's made have shown exactly where he's at or was at in his head, made it as a player when he went to citeh, and the next move a chance to chill, earn good money close to family and not really have to put much effort in to things.

At the right price, I would have him at Everton. I'm convinced if he puts the effort in there's a damn good player there. I dunno, I guess that flies in the face of evidence to the contrary but I really think he could be a very good footballer if he put his mind to it.

Obviously will bow to the better judgement of those who've seen him more.

There is a cracking player in there, probably not too late to have 3-4 quality years in him, but he's settled for the level he's at. He has absolutely no desire (or heart) to become a better player.

I'm surprised he's still got so much support, in the 15 months (ish?) that he's been in charge there's been one purple patch of good results and he spent a fair whack in the summer.

Still though, it's refreshing that a manager isn't being hounded out and I guess you're well and truly midtable, 8 points from 7th and 8 points from the bottom 3. And you're above us of course, which probably gets him some credit.

they are currently above us, thats all they aim for.

Knowing the obsession with all things black and white down there there's no doubt that our poor season has bought him some time and kept the baying mob from Marty's door.

One of the platforms at the Stadium of Light station was closed due to a 'police incident' last night apparently, any idea what that was about?

Dunno, but it will probably warrant about 100 pages of wannabee hardman nostalgia on RTG in about 30 years time.

He gets the same amount of time as SB for me mate with the Summer transfers (which we need to spend big in) he will have his team in then judge him.

Not bothered about the shite football I'd rather we played shite and stayed in the PL than played pretty and got relegated see the barcodes and Allardyce for that.

Say whut?  :lol: