sunderland

JH

Rose says again that he wants first team football. There's a possibility that he'll get it at Spurs, but I guess Sunderland are the likeliest option.

There's no way Rose is good enough for Spurs.

Before this season I'd have agreed without hesitation. His reviews have been great this year, but I've only seen highlights, which are no way to judge a player. I'd love to see a neutral give some feedback.

Suppose thats me out then.

He does still look a bit raw and naive at times but he's been excellent this season. I'd imagine he's better than Fryers and whether he gets a first team place or not would depend on Assou Ekotto's situation next season.

If we were to try and sign him I'd go as far as £8m based on what I've seen but its not up to me.

I thought he looked turboshit when he played in the U21s last summer, but he was up there with Sunderlands best players this season until he got injured. Could be a classic case of someone going back to being cack after they've got their move/contract but he's been impressive tbf.

Isn't BAE's contract situation up in the air, and Vertonghen/Naughton have been playing left back this season?

There's probably a slot open to him at Spurs.

His contract is until the end of the 2014/15 season, and Verts and Naughton were only playing because he was injured and we had loaned Rose out. There were some rumours that he and AVB don't see eye to eye, but these seem to have been part of the pro-Harry media's attempt to undermine AVB. There don't actually seem to be any issues.

I thought he looked turboshit when he played in the U21s last summer, but he was up there with Sunderlands best players this season until he got injured. Could be a classic case of someone going back to being cack after they've got their move/contract but he's been impressive tbf.

No, he's just a young guy who hadn't really shown any signs of working the game out before. Sounds like he might have accepted that LB is his position, and really developed.

There's definitely a slot open for him at Spurs, but I can't see it being ahead of BAE. Apparently that's not good enough for him. Pity, but fair enough. He'd be a relatively cheap player who'd qualify as homegrown for us. Can't see Levy selling for anything less than 5M, and I'd dearly like to get more.

We've now got several possible full-backs, all of whom are sort of OK. I think Levy will have to cash in on at least two - probably Naughton and Rose. Adam Smith looked good again for England at right-back, but he's another who's better going forward than backwards.

Isn't BAE's contract situation up in the air, and Vertonghen/Naughton have been playing left back this season?

His contract is until the end of the 2014/15 season, and Verts and Naughton were only playing because he was injured and we had loaned Rose out. There were some rumours that he and AVB don't see eye to eye, but these seem to have been part of the pro-Harry media's attempt to undermine AVB. There don't actually seem to be any issues.

No, he's just a young guy who hadn't really shown any signs of working the game out before. Sounds like he might have accepted that LB is his position, and really developed.

There's definitely a slot open for him at Spurs, but I can't see it being ahead of BAE. Apparently that's not good enough for him. Pity, but fair enough. He'd be a relatively cheap player who'd qualify as homegrown for us. Can't see Levy selling for anything less than 5M, and I'd dearly like to get more.

We've now got several possible full-backs, all of whom are sort of OK. I think Levy will have to cash in on at least two - probably Naughton and Rose. Adam Smith looked good again for England at right-back, but he's another who's better going forward than backwards.

Kyle Walker is absolutely dreadful mind. Not particularly good going forward and beyond suspect at defending.

Kyle Walker is absolutely dreadful mind. Not particularly good going forward and beyond suspect at defending.

We're a bit torn. Some would like to cash in while many people think he's good, most would like to give him time to develop. He's been pretty poor this season.

By the way I've always thought Danny Rose was absolutely worse than shit, but this season at left back he's actually been fairly impressive.

Totally agree with that. Thought he had a good game in the derby match at SOL. Although that was probably helped by Ben Arfa playing as a right-back.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=14413204&postcount=80

Must be really desperate when they have to do this for a Saturday afternoon match against one of the league's most attractive teams.

Those who pay full price must be pissed off at the seemingly endless number of schemes they have to fill the stadium with freeloaders.

Why do they call their season tickets, season cards? Is this the gulf in class, knowledge & culture they keep banging on about? Don't think I've heard it elsewhere yet everyone on their seems to call it a card.

Mackem at work today:

"Rewmers going rewund last night that sissewkho has brewken his leg, shame it wasn't truwuh."

Daft plank.

Shame for them really.  For many macums it would have been right up in their greatest moments ever supporting the club, alongside Shearer's injury during our 4-1 victory at the SoS.

By the way I've always thought Danny Rose was absolutely worse than shit, but this season at left back he's actually been fairly impressive.

The absolute polar opposite of the majority of mackem opinions on a player if it were the other way round.

Apparently Craig Gordon is doing his coaching badges, looks to have given up on his playing career.

Shame, thought at one point he looked a decent Premiership goalkeeper. Surprised nobody wants to take a chance on him.

Me too, was championing us signing him as a back up in the summer. Looked fairly decent.

Was a decent keeper his injury troubles must be really bad if no one wants to take a chance on him.

He's an excellent keeper but his knees (one in particular) are supposed to be shot. Hope he does well with the coaching.

Was a decent keeper his injury troubles must be really bad if no one wants to take a chance on him.

He's an excellent keeper but his knees (one in particular) are supposed to be shot. Hope he does well with the coaching.

That one reaction save a few years ago (against Bolton?) is among the best I've ever seen. Its crazy that nobody has given him a trial at least.

8 million pound teenage superstar Connor Wickham has been loaned to Sheffield Wednesday. I suspect we'll never see this kid at the top level again. Way to aid his development, mackem eejits!