sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Only one of theirs i'd put in would be Fletcher. Consider Rose at LB too.

So just one of theirs then :lol:

Do any other set of fans do that? :lol:

Most of them do at some point. It tends to be teams who aren't doing as well as their fans expected. Liverpool are the classic example, although Arsenal have been doing it a lot. It also tends to be teams with local rivals, so Arsenal will put out a combined North London team. I feel like I've seen a lot of combined Liverpool-Spurs teams over the last four or five years though.

Most of them do at some point. It tends to be teams who aren't doing as well as their fans expected. Liverpool are the classic example, although Arsenal have been doing it a lot. It also tends to be teams with local rivals, so Arsenal will put out a combined North London team. I feel like I've seen a lot of combined Liverpool-Spurs teams over the last four or five years though.

its pointless drivel tbh.

its pointless drivel tbh.

It certainly is, particularly when discussed by such blinkered fans.

However they love doing it bless them, and along with the threads about attendance excuses, Gateshead/Durham demographics, how no mags ever went to SJP before 1992 and even now only watch the games on Sky, it will be raised on a regular basis.

the 92 thing is a myth,

we were most likely in fact im certain we were in a similar place in the 'crowd league' ( :blush:  mackem term)in the 70s and 80s, round about 3-4th best supported, even when in a lower division, this takes into account that crowds have risen across the board since the taylor report/ stadium developments

We had plenty of lockouts in them days at a 36k capacity, as we did post92- but before the stadium was extended to 52k- again hinting that that 52k were there anyway but couldnt get in.

I think Sima proved on rtg, that they have attracted more additional fans post 97-sol, than we have post 92. 

92rs has no basis in fact.

How long can they do this '92' stuff (that I don't even think they fully understand the point of)

Ha, Mag c***, bet you didn't go to games before 92!

Well no, it's 2025 and I'm only 30.

Surely a more salient point when we were actually any good? To have followed us since 1992 you would have had to endure the stewardships of: Dalglish, Gullit, Roeder and Allardyce. As well as a relegation and some terrible boardroom antics (Shepherd and Ashley).

Maybe this definition of 'glory' is relevant to their successes during the same period.

Also the fact they've had a new stadium, badge and rebranding since then, makes it a pretty daft argument.

I like it how everyone on rtg has to brag about how old they are. If you haven't been going to games for at least 30 years then your opinion is invalid.

Most popular Age range must be 50-65.  :lol:

Also the fact they've had a new stadium, badge and rebranding since then, makes it a pretty daft argument.

I like it how everyone on rtg has to brag about how old they are. If you haven't been going to games for at least 30 years then your opinion is invalid.

Most popular Age range must be 50-65.  :lol:

its true,sometimes I feel out of touch as too old on here, but feel too young on there- its great man, takes 10 years off you. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

How long can they do this '92' stuff (that I don't even think they fully understand the point of)

Surely a more salient point when we were actually any good? To have followed us since 1992 you would have had to endure the stewardships of: Dalglish, Gullit, Roeder and Allardyce. As well as a relegation and some terrible boardroom antics (Shepherd and Ashley).

Maybe this definition of 'glory' is relevant to their successes during the same period.

You would also have 'endured' 3 seasons or so of the best football seen in the Premier League first which is obviously the point.

You would also have 'endured' 3 seasons or so of the best football seen in the Premier League first which is obviously the point.

Yes its obvious what they're getting at. Their premise inextricably links success with support. Bandwagon supporters would be too fickle to have stuck around during our recent lean times. Hence less salient point.

The fact the 'alternative' to us is a s*** club in an odious 'city' makes it far easier for people who may have been tempted to sway, to think sod that.

As someone who lives in South Shields has a mother from Sunderland and a Father from Newcastle, there was never much difficulty making the choice like. Even as a bairn I knew Sunderland was shit :lol: