sunderland

JH

If they wish to progress they need a complete overhaul and restructuring of the coaching and scouting part of their club.

The way forward for them is by looking to the future, not digging stuff out of the past and hoping it works.

Hand on heart I couldn't give one solitary shite about Middlesbrough. I've no antipathy towards them.

I suspect Boro to you are as Coventry City are to us.

They absolutely loathe us, but I am yet to meet more than a handful of Villa fans who give a flying fuck about Coventry.

Hand on heart I couldn't give one solitary shite about Middlesbrough. I've no antipathy towards them.

I suspect Boro to you are as Coventry City are to us.

They absolutely loathe us, but I am yet to meet more than a handful of Villa fans who give a flying fuck about Coventry.

Even the ones in Coventry don't. When Coventry were in the Prem it was horrible playing them though, in case they won, which was few and far between , thank fuck.

It's not really FFP that's the issue here. That's aimed at clubs who want to jump a strata and become a mega-club (Chelsea, Citeh or PSG).

For Sunderland (and even or us a few years ago) the issue is more about financial viability. Can they continue with the existing cost/revenue balance, and will the owner keep propping them up.

The prime issue is whether Short will keep funding the losses, but FFP is now an issue for them because of the scale of those losses. The UEFA regulations theoretically require these to be €5M, but IIRC allow you to lose €45M over the next two seasons (2013/14 and 2014/15), as long as the owner covers it. Sunderland are already in line to be well over this amount. If they go down they will be in serious trouble.

It's not really FFP that's the issue here. That's aimed at clubs who want to jump a strata and become a mega-club (Chelsea, Citeh or PSG).

For Sunderland (and even or us a few years ago) the issue is more about financial viability. Can they continue with the existing cost/revenue balance, and will the owner keep propping them up.

The prime issue is whether Short will keep funding the losses, but FFP is now an issue for them because of the scale of those losses. The UEFA regulations theoretically require these to be €5M, but IIRC allow you to lose €45M over the next two seasons (2013/14 and 2014/15), as long as the owner covers it. Sunderland are already in line to be well over this amount. If they go down they will be in serious trouble.

FFP only means anything if you're in Europe, don't they? :yao:

FFP only means anything if you're in Europe, don't they? :yao:

a version of FFP is being adopted by the premier league isn't it ?

“Maybe that’s because we haven’t got enough goalscorers in our team.

“But the only reason we had a lot of defenders on our bench was that was all we had.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4834883/Martin-ONeill-fears-Sunderland-cant-match-QPR-quality.html#ixzz2NDqnCq8y

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed he is running the rule over Zambia international Stoppila Sunzu.

The 23-year-old central defender has been training with the Black Cats, and he has already played in a fixture behind closed doors.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8559037/Sunderland-take-Zambia-defender-Stoppila-Sunzu-on-trial

:lol:

BUY ALL THE DEFENDERS!!! :frantic:

To be fair I think a decent number 2 can be a great asset, I reckon one of the best appointments we made in recent years was bringing back John Carver, I cant see Robertson as being the magical answer though!

I noted this on RTG, and it seems to be a recurring topic over there:

I don't think we need to replace MON, I think he needs a good assistant beside him. John Robertson has been with him all his career but O'Neill is missing him something shocking. Neither he gets Robertson to change his mind or get someone else in to help out.

There seems to be a widespread assumption that the difference between the MON they have, and the one Villa had, is the absence of John Robertson, as if he is the missing piece of the jigsaw.

He isn't. Robertson would do even less than Walford at Villa - it was described, by someone who knows, as "standing on the sidelines, smoking, and shouting at people occasionally". Down here the players nicknamed Walford and Robertson "Bibs and Cones", to reflect their input on the training ground.

If the return of Robertson is what they're waiting for, they are barking up entirely the wrong tree.

The one difference between what he is doing there, and what he did with us, is money. Here, he had shed loads of it, year after year, and just bought enough players until - by weight of numbers, and probability - he got enough of them to be able to do something.

At Sunderland, he's got a much poorer choice of players. People forget, when he came to us, he had Sorensen, Mellberg, Barry, Cahill, Laursen, Agbonlahor and Angel.

Not world beaters, but at the very least the spine of a reasonable side. All he had to do was throw millions and millions of pounds at it to make it start to work a bit better for him.

With us, the endless giving it to the wingers and getting it into the box was helped by the fact that Ashley Young and (at the time) Stewart Downing were decent wingers who could deliver. At Sunderland he's pinning his hope on Adam Johnson, who really isn't very good, and, I suspect, Larsson, who is nothing like as good.

That isn't working at Sunderland, so you'd expect him to move to Plan B. The problem is, the only Plan B Martin has any knowledge of is the one you see on MTV.

On top of that, the football world has moved on even more. Setting his team up to play exactly how they did at Leicester in the 1990s was already showing its age in 2006 when he joined us. Nowadays, it is ancient history.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif

I love reading Brummie's MON posts. :lol:

So shitting in someone's underwear drawer is an acceptable act in Sunderland then?

Just read the thread, it's either an in joke or it's genuinely concerning how many have mentioned shitting somewhere in his house like it's the first thing that would to their minds and normal :lol:

So shitting in someone's underwear drawer is an acceptable act in Sunderland then?

Just read the thread, it's either an in joke or it's genuinely concerning how many have mentioned shitting somewhere in his house like it's the first thing that would to their minds and normal :lol:

or as I read it, one of them made that shit joke and it was almost amusing, so a load of the sad fuckers just kept repeating it, thinking it was funny?