sunderland

JH

Are Sunderland really going to announce their new manager on April fools day?

'Sunderland AFC would like to announce it's new manager will be Jose Mourinho'

*RTG melts down from excitement*

'April fools. It's really Howard Wilkinson'

Guest chicken little

'April fools. It's really Howard Wilkinson'

can't be fucked finding the link, but someone on there suggested terry butcher. terry fucking butcher! short memories some of these folk.

Rather displeased that he's been sacked tbh - the Mackems were in freefall and he was a contributing factor so logically speaking it was just going to keep going one way - down. Mind you though, sacking a manager now is almost like accepting defeat already.

Whoever they bring in won't have the time to implement the necessary changes quickly and effectively imo.

It's laughable the stories in the media questioning O'Neill's sacking. Apart from his new manager bounce honeymoon period O'Neill's been awful for Sunderland. That's why Newcastle fans wanted him to keep the job. Being friends with the media really does cover up a multitude of sins. Those same media pundits wouldn't want any of these sacked managers they've 'cried' about managing one of their clubs (i.e. the usual suspects of Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool).

I am a little worried Sunderland may improve under whoever their new manager is. With O'Neill nothing would change but with the new guy the players will be trying to impress him.

It's laughable the stories in the media questioning O'Neill's sacking. Apart from his new manager bounce honeymoon period O'Neill's been awful for Sunderland. That's why Newcastle fans wanted him to keep the job. Being friends with the media really does cover up a multitude of sins. Those same media pundits wouldn't want any of these sacked managers they've 'cried' about managing one of their clubs (i.e. the usual suspects of Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool).

I am a little worried Sunderland may improve under whoever their new manager is. With O'Neill nothing would change but with the new guy the players will be trying to impress him.

I thought this when Bruce was sacked  :papiss:

Sunderland won't get relegated, plus I still think we're in very real danger of fucking up and going down too.

Although I'm very intrigued at who they'll appoint, I'm guessing they'll possibly turn to a foreign manager as the british ones haven't had much luck.