sunderland

JH

DiCanio seems like a daft appointment. He's just a name at the end of the day, same as when Blackburn appointed Ince. If Swindon's success was made responsible by a typically less-well-known League 2 manager, everyone would be like "eh?"

Apologies for the dramatic change of pace but this situation is a reasonable argument for the transfer window. You could imagine a Prem club sacking their manager now, poaching a manager from a Champ club and him "nicking" a couple of players from that club for the run-in.

OK, as you were with Di Canio, McLaren et al. FWIW I'm mainly gutted that my wife didn't get to see MON at

Villa Park. I think they were in enough of a mess that something did have to be done.

Not looking forward to facing Di Canio in a derby though, he'll get them wound up.

Aye it was my first thoughts, won't be easy at all.

People were saying this about O'Neill a couple of days ago. Their lack of bottle is something deeply engrained in the club. It will take more than some lower league mentalist to sort that out I'm sure.

You only have to look at Catts fer me lyk to see being fired up means fuck all in these games.

@tommygun70 ‏

IF DI Canio becomes next Sunderland manager and they ditch invest in Africa I might go back #88

Could be a good appointment then, re-attract the disenfranchised mackem hardcore.

Not looking forward to facing Di Canio in a derby though, he'll get them wound up.

Aye it was my first thoughts, won't be easy at all.

People were saying this about O'Neill a couple of days ago. Their lack of bottle is something deeply engrained in the club. It will take more than some lower league mentalist to sort that out I'm sure.

You only have to look at Catts fer me lyk to see being fired up means f*** all in these games.

Aye I dont get this at all. What qualities does he have that will inspire them to a great derby performance? A bit of shouting in the dressing room? I'm not sure how the players will be able to take him serious in all honesty