sunderland

JH

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/article/2568/breaking-news-durham-miners-demand-return-of-historic-banner-from-sunderland-afc

Breaking news: Durham miners demand return of historic banner from Sunderland AFC

posted by: Nick Lowles | on: Monday, 1 April 2013, 20:38

In a statement just issued, the Durham Miners' Association has said:

"Dave Hopper the General Secretary of the Durham Miners' Association is writing to Sunderland Football Club to demand the return of the Wearmouth Miners' Banner, which is on permanent display in the Stadium of Light, in protest at the decision to appoint the self-confessed fascist, Paolo Di Canio, as their head coach.

Mr Hopper, who worked for 27 years as a miner at Wearmouth Colliery, the site on which the Stadium of Light now stands, described Di Canio's appointment as an outrage and a betrayal of all those who fought and died fighting fascism.

He said,"I like many thousands of miners have supported Sunderland from infancy and are passionate about football. But, there are principles which are much more important.

"Our banner represents the Durham miners' long struggle for the rights of the working class, rights which were annihilated by fascism in Germany, Italy, Spain and Chile.

"We have a sacred obligation to the millions who were wiped out by Hitler, Mussolini and Franco to oppose fascism wherever and in whatever context this evil creed raises its head particularly at a time when working people are again being forced to pay for capitalism's crisis as they were in Europe in the 1920s and 30s.

"The appointment of Di Canio is a disgrace and a betrayal of all who fought and died in the fight against fascism.

"Everyone must speak out an oppose this outrage and call on Ellis Short and the Sunderland Board to reverse their decision."

Hope not hate is proud to support the DMA's efforts to secure the return of the Monkwearmouth Colliery NUM Lodge banner and its protest at the appointment of Di Canio.

For more information on the Durham Miners' Association, please see:

http://durhamminers.org/index.html

O0

Well done Davey lad.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/article/2568/breaking-news-durham-miners-demand-return-of-historic-banner-from-sunderland-afc

Breaking news: Durham miners demand return of historic banner from Sunderland AFC

posted by: Nick Lowles | on: Monday, 1 April 2013, 20:38

In a statement just issued, the Durham Miners' Association has said:

"Dave Hopper the General Secretary of the Durham Miners' Association is writing to Sunderland Football Club to demand the return of the Wearmouth Miners' Banner, which is on permanent display in the Stadium of Light, in protest at the decision to appoint the self-confessed fascist, Paolo Di Canio, as their head coach.

Mr Hopper, who worked for 27 years as a miner at Wearmouth Colliery, the site on which the Stadium of Light now stands, described Di Canio's appointment as an outrage and a betrayal of all those who fought and died fighting fascism.

He said,"I like many thousands of miners have supported Sunderland from infancy and are passionate about football. But, there are principles which are much more important.

"Our banner represents the Durham miners' long struggle for the rights of the working class, rights which were annihilated by fascism in Germany, Italy, Spain and Chile.

"We have a sacred obligation to the millions who were wiped out by Hitler, Mussolini and Franco to oppose fascism wherever and in whatever context this evil creed raises its head particularly at a time when working people are again being forced to pay for capitalism's crisis as they were in Europe in the 1920s and 30s.

"The appointment of Di Canio is a disgrace and a betrayal of all who fought and died in the fight against fascism.

"Everyone must speak out an oppose this outrage and call on Ellis Short and the Sunderland Board to reverse their decision."

Hope not hate is proud to support the DMA's efforts to secure the return of the Monkwearmouth Colliery NUM Lodge banner and its protest at the appointment of Di Canio.

For more information on the Durham Miners' Association, please see:

http://durhamminers.org/index.html

bet they didnt expect this :lol:

The one thing all of the shite like that above by a miners gadgy and david Milliband has done is too completely relieve the pressure on the Sunlun players.

Masterstroke of mourinho proportions unfortunately.

What?

The one thing all of the shite like that above by a miners gadgy and david Milliband has done is too completely relieve the pressure on the Sunlun players.

Eh? If anything the opposite is true.

Everyone is talking about Di canio and no one is talking about how shit the team has been. perfect way way to take the pressure off them by making it all about him.

ujpest doza: You can discriminate against the Irish, Catholics and the disabled but for gods sake don't bring politics into football.

??????????????????

It doesn't matter whether he's pink, green, fascist, communist, Mormon, Taliban or Fenian, all that matters is he makes a right hash of managing them and gets them relegated.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if Di Canio's a fascist, a nazi, a tory or a f***ing moomin. That's his business. As long as he takes them clowns down he can do whatever else he likes.

I personally find this amazing.. You really dont care about openly fascist views being given a platform by a high profile manager within the PL?

You really dont care that an openly racist viewpoint  will potentially now be given some credence and time?

Have we sunk so far, become so de-politacized as a society that a "blind eye" can be turned to these vile, pernicious and abhorent views?

I know its sport, and for many the two shouldnt mix.

I disagree, I remember the same arguements around sport and the openly racist South Africa during the apartheid years. The apeasers and apologists making the same noises...

Its a sad day for sport that this man is allowed anywhere near our national game. Yes its the mackems, but some things are actually more important than football,,this is one of em.

He isnt a misguided young un, one of the skin heads selling the bulldog ouside SJP from the 70s and 80s that we had to contend with.

A youngster feeling marginalised by society, easy prey for the base arguements of "3 million blacks, 3 million on the dole"et al.... Hes a certified, self confessed ideological fascist and by that ideological link a racist, anti semite, anti trade unionist, anti sexual freedom... it wasnt just the heat of the moment rash fascist salute in 2005/6..This guys a committed racist.

Lets laugh at the Mackems eh? I wonder if any of their Jewish, Bangaladeshi, Indian, Pakistani or other ethnic minority supporters are laughing.

I wonder if any of the elderly population, who fought against fascism in the 30s and 40s are laughing?

We should actually be uniting with any of their support who are rightly disgusted at this appointment by showing some solidarity with them.

I see there was actually an Anti Fascist Action event on in Wearside this weekend...ironic.

Take a chill pill man FFS.

It doesn't matter whether he's pink, green, fascist, communist, Mormon, Taliban or Fenian, all that matters is he makes a right hash of managing them and gets them relegated.

Aye it does though.

No it doesn't. What he says and thinks about the world are irrelavent man. He's manager of the mackems FFS, that's the only reason you need to either hate or laugh at him. The rest doesn't matter.

So you would be happy for him to be our manager? If it doesn't matter what his views are

i wouldn't be too chuffed about him being our manager but that's because his only managerial experience is a short stint in League 2 and League 1 where he fell out with nearly every player who played for him. His political views are irrelavent just as i think Glenn Hoddle should never have been sacked as England manager for his religous views.

Glenn didn't have religious views he had moronic  views.

Didn't he say that disabilities were punishment for actions in a past life?

I still don't get what you're going on about.

I've got zero interest in politics and don't get why people are getting uptight about someone who has rather than focusing on the football which is the most important thing.

I'm mostly annoyed by your use of the word fenian.

Everyone is talking about Di canio and no one is talking about how shit the team has been. perfect way way to take the pressure off them by making it all about him.

The pressure is greater than ever, because if it doesn't work then it'll be pointless as well as misguided.

Guest neesy111

ujpest doza: You can discriminate against the Irish, Catholics and the disabled but for gods sake don't bring politics into football.

??????????????????

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if Di Canio's a fascist, a nazi, a tory or a f***ing moomin. That's his business. As long as he takes them clowns down he can do whatever else he likes.

I personally find this amazing.. You really dont care about openly fascist views being given a platform by a high profile manager within the PL?

You really dont care that an openly racist viewpoint  will potentially now be given some credence and time?

Have we sunk so far, become so de-politacized as a society that a "blind eye" can be turned to these vile, pernicious and abhorent views?

I disagree, I remember the same arguements around sport and the openly racist South Africa during the apartheid years. The apeasers and apologists making the same noises...

Its a sad day for sport that this man is allowed anywhere near our national game. Yes its the mackems, but some things are actually more important than football,,this is one of em.

He isnt a misguided young un, one of the skin heads selling the bulldog ouside SJP from the 70s and 80s that we had to contend with.

A youngster feeling marginalised by society, easy prey for the base arguements of "3 million blacks, 3 million on the dole"et al.... Hes a certified, self confessed ideological fascist and by that ideological link a racist, anti semite, anti trade unionist, anti sexual freedom... it wasnt just the heat of the moment rash fascist salute in 2005/6..This guys a committed racist.

Lets laugh at the Mackems eh? I wonder if any of their Jewish, Bangaladeshi, Indian, Pakistani or other ethnic minority supporters are laughing.

I wonder if any of the elderly population, who fought against fascism in the 30s and 40s are laughing?

We should actually be uniting with any of their support who are rightly disgusted at this appointment by showing some solidarity with them.

I see there was actually an Anti Fascist Action event on in Wearside this weekend...ironic.

Aye it does though.

No it doesn't. What he says and thinks about the world are irrelavent man. He's manager of the mackems FFS, that's the only reason you need to either hate or laugh at him. The rest doesn't matter.

So you would be happy for him to be our manager? If it doesn't matter what his views are

i wouldn't be too chuffed about him being our manager but that's because his only managerial experience is a short stint in League 2 and League 1 where he fell out with nearly every player who played for him. His political views are irrelavent just as i think Glenn Hoddle should never have been sacked as England manager for his religous views.

I've got zero interest in politics and don't get why people are getting uptight about someone who has rather than focusing on the football which is the most important thing.

You're completely wrong about this.

Anyone in a public/high profile position is scrutinised for their political believes etc, when it's football and it has to do with a believe that crosses with being a racist then it's deadly serious.  Football clubs have a social connection with fans and the wider community and setting the right example.

You don't hear of BNP supporters managing football clubs etc, because it'd bring a similar reaction to this.

??????????????????

Aye it does though.

Bizarre.

The one thing all of the s**** like that above by a miners gadgy and david Milliband has done is too completely relieve the pressure on the Sunlun players.

Everyone is talking about Di canio and no one is talking about how s*** the team has been. perfect way way to take the pressure off them by making it all about him.

The pressure is greater than ever, because if it doesn't work then it'll be pointless as well as misguided.

Exactly. Also, I can't imagine Di Canio commanding instant respect in the Mackems dressing room, far from it indeed. The pressure has increased tenfold iyam, whereas under MON they only needed one good result in their next three matches where nothing much was expected from them to eleviate the pressure.

Relieve all the pressure? He's going to be under incredible pressure to get results now.

he is yes, the players aren't.

So these shit players are just going to be able to relax now and become great? Right-o :lol:

Relieve all the pressure? He's going to be under incredible pressure to get results now.

So these shit players are just going to be able to relax now and become great? Right-o :lol:

No, they'll still be shit but all the focus will be on PDC and not them. It'll be his fault not there's.

So these shit players are just going to be able to relax now and become great? Rtg o :lol:

No, they'll still be shit but all the focus will be on PDC and not them. It'll be his fault not there's.

So they've got an excuse to hide from, that's just what you want from relegation threatened team.

??????????????????

Aye it does though.

Bizarre.

Are you not aware of its meaning?! It's a derogatory word for catholic/Irish people.

??????????????????

Aye it does though.

Bizarre.

Are you not aware of its meaning?! It's a derogatory word for catholic/Irish people.

FFS, why is everyone so fucking precious?

Guest bimpy474

??????????????????

Aye it does though.

Bizarre.

FFS, why is everyone so fucking precious?

Internet innit, basis of all outrage.