Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When I spoke with the box office earlier today the exact words they used were 'every man and his dog wants a ticket'

This could work both ways I guess - there'll be a lot of people who dont get to see the game or the club are aware of the demand and negotiate a huge allocation.

there will be good drinking near the ground though for those without tickets

Also it will be an interesting atmosphere in the ground with loads of dogs in the stadium.

I must admit like when i asked Archie he was well up for it, he reckons there's a fountain in the city where its effectively all you can drink.....for free.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/Philly1983/f15fbcaf.jpg

This free travel from Brussels to any Belgian Station malarkey if booked through Eurostar.

Does your booking have to be to "Any Belgian Station" or can your Eurostar Ticket to Brussels just be used to travel between Bruges and Belgium. My mate has booked them to Brussels but not "To any Belgian Station" and the yellow notice saying you could use your Eurostar ticket for domestic Belgium travel isn't that clear.

just had a look on the website and it is clear on there that you can use your eurostar ticket to continue on to Bruges.....

Explore Belgium

Brussels isn’t the be all and end all of Belgium you know. Your Eurostar ticket will take you further, much further – to Ghent, Bruges or Antwerp, for example.

Buy a Eurostar ticket to Any Belgian station from as little as £80 and you can travel on to any other Belgian city at no further cost.

Just get off the Eurostar at Brussels-Midi, change platforms, and get on the train to one of these great destinations. Just show your Eurostar ticket to the nice man on the train, and you’ll be on your way.

This free travel from Brussels to any Belgian Station malarkey if booked through Eurostar.

Does your booking have to be to "Any Belgian Station" or can your Eurostar Ticket to Brussels just be used to travel between Bruges and Belgium. My mate has booked them to Brussels but not "To any Belgian Station" and the yellow notice saying you could use your Eurostar ticket for domestic Belgium travel isn't that clear.

just had a look on the website and it is clear on there that you can use your eurostar ticket to continue on to Bruges.....

Explore Belgium

Brussels isn’t the be all and end all of Belgium you know. Your Eurostar ticket will take you further, much further – to Ghent, Bruges or Antwerp, for example.

Buy a Eurostar ticket to Any Belgian station from as little as £80 and you can travel on to any other Belgian city at no further cost.

Just get off the Eurostar at Brussels-Midi, change platforms, and get on the train to one of these great destinations. Just show your Eurostar ticket to the nice man on the train, and you’ll be on your way.

I assumed the bit in bold meant you had to select the option for any belgian station . Surely if not it would be pointless having that option on the site  :dontknow:

My mates went for a stag there (I had to pull out as it was my 1st wedding anniversary) and they did Eurostar. The 'Any Belgium station' option is a little bit more but MUST be selected to get the onward travel. It is not provided as standard so if you don't have this as the destination station its only going to be valid to Brussels-Midi.

Just seen it suggested on Twitter that authorities in Belgium are expecting as many as 16000 Mags traveling over for the game. Impressive if this is true but it begs the question, where the hell are folk getting the cash from? :o

not surprising given the amount of people trying on here going.

Could do with having that clarified, as our booking confirmation just says Brussels-Midi. :undecided: Whereabouts on the site is that paragraph above?

It was on FB (beg your pardon) Here it is;

@nufcawaytickets: Based on incoming flights, trains and ferrys and cars, Brugge Tourist board expecting up to 16,000 #NUFC fans! Wow! #NUFCinEurope!!

Sorry I meant the paragraph about the train stations. :lol:

Would the booking confirmation state 'any Belgian station' if that's been picked? Just my lad booked them and he swears he picked that option because it worked out only a little more expensive so he thought it was worth it, but our confirmation just says Brussels-Midi. Not the end of the world, but would rather know in advance if we need another ticket.

Read somewhere that Birmingham took 6000 last season. I've only been abroad once before to follow the lads (Juventus in the CL) when around 4000 went over. Decided to go to that game, thinking we couldn't get out of the group stage. Of course we did, so when Barcelona and Inter Milan (when a rumoured 12000 went) I couldn't afford to go. Would love to this time, but got other priorities, etc (the bairn, house, etc!) Will make do with TV.

Read somewhere that Birmingham took 6000 last season. I've only been abroad once before to follow the lads (Juventus in the CL) when around 4000 went over. Decided to go to that game, thinking we couldn't get out of the group stage. Of course we did, so when Barcelona and Inter Milan (when a rumoured 12000 went) I couldn't afford to go. Would love to this time, but got other priorities, etc (the bairn, house, etc!) Will make do with TV.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Just seen it suggested on Twitter that authorities in Belgium are expecting as many as 16000 Mags traveling over for the game. Impressive if this is true but it begs the question, where the hell are folk getting the cash from? :o

Tabs are cheap as chips in Belguim so folk can actually make a profit over and above what it cost to go if they bring enough back.

Could do with having that clarified, as our booking confirmation just says Brussels-Midi. :undecided: Whereabouts on the site is that paragraph above?

if you go on the eurostar website go on the explore belgium bit,  that is where i got it from.

Tabs are cheap as chips in Belguim so folk can actually make a profit over and above what it cost to go if they bring enough back.

Well, good way to pay for your trip I guess, if you can fetch enough back through and have buyers back home.

Sorry I meant the paragraph about the train stations. :lol:

Would the booking confirmation state 'any Belgian station' if that's been picked? Just my lad booked them and he swears he picked that option because it worked out only a little more expensive so he thought it was worth it, but our confirmation just says Brussels-Midi. Not the end of the world, but would rather know in advance if we need another ticket.

I'd assume it would have the correct destination on the confirmation. Are they issuing a paper ticket or is it a print at home version? It may be that Eurostar only provide their bit of the ticket and the other bit is issued separately. Guess that only a phone call or email will put your mind at rest.

Guest Geordiesned

I also booked 'any Belgium station' and the confirmation said Brussels Midi. We'll be areet.

Your Eurostar ticket allows you to travel onto any station in Belgium within 24 hours of you arriving at Brussels Midi.

I also booked 'any Belgium station' and the confirmation said Brussels Midi. We'll be areet.

Your Eurostar ticket allows you to travel onto any station in Belgium within 24 hours of you arriving at Brussels Midi.

This is correct.

Nee chance I'm getting a ticket if that many are going. :(