Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its on .com scroll down

So why has it been available on nufc.co.uk all this time and then taken off just an hour ago? I'm suggesting you don't need a form i'm suggesting it may have sold out if it's been taken down off the official site.

Its on .com scroll down

So why has it been available on nufc.co.uk all this time and then taken off just an hour ago? I'm suggesting you don't need a form i'm suggesting it may have sold out if it's been taken down off the official site.

Well excuuuuuse me for trying to help

http://www.sportoptions.com/SL-Benfica-v-Newcastle-United/index.asp

DAY TRIP

Depart approx 08:00 from Newcastle aiport arriving into Lisbon airport approx 11:00 local time.

On arrival in Lisbon there will be coach transfers to the city centre where you will be able to spend the afternoon at leisure enjoying the local hospitality.

You will need to make your own way to the stadium for the match.

After the match coaches will be waiting outside the stadium to take you back to Lisbon airport. The return flight will be taking off at approx. 23:50 and landing 02:40.

PRICE: £275pp

Very tempted by this like, just need to find someone to go with now!

Its on .com scroll down

Well excuuuuuse me for trying to help

I didn't need your help i was only pointing out that the away tickets for Benfica had been taken down off the official website. I think you were the one that needed the help understand this basic point!

Took 2 days off work to come up for the home leg, going to be a wild one with Sunderland on the Sunday too.

Got the Friday and Monday off work to make a long weekend of it, can't wait. :smitten:

Cue the matches being dreadful.

Hi Newcastle fans. One more benfiquista here. Hoping for two great matches.

Never heard of any of their players to be honest. I prefer Sporting and Porto anyway thanks to Wor Bobby.

Sir Bobby Robson preferred Benfica. Well, at least that's what he said to a portuguese newspaper when questioned about his time as Sporting manager. A true gentleman. One of the few people to be liked by all the 3 bigger portuguese clubs fans.

highly ignorant of me but I've only heard of Cardozo  :p

With a few exceptions, I would say our players aren't very known yet. That's our policy, buy cheaper or low profile players and sell them later by a nice sum. Otherwise we couldn't compete at a high level in today's football.

Maxi Pereira (70+ games for Uruguay), Garay (a starter for Argentina), Luisão (40+ games for Brazil), Pablo Aimar and Cardozo, I would say those are the more experienced / established, although almost all of the team are international players.

Enzo Perez, Eduardo Salvio and Nico Gaitan are some times called for Argentina (all of them midfielders/wingers), Ola John plays for Holland, but he is only 20 years old, Matic, Melgarejo (Paraguay, as Cardozo), Rodrigo (player with the most goals ever, 14 I believe, for the spanish sub21, scored one more yesterday), etc. Very young team, it's only natural you don't know most of them.

Portugeezers, what will the weather be like in Lisbon next wednesday?

Don't know, but today rained quite a bit.

Guest matic21

Probably highly ignorant of me but I've only heard of Cardozo  :p

I guess that's normal... unfortanly we dont have the financial capacity to keep our best players. Year after year we always lose some key players.

After 2009/10 Di Maria and Ramires were sold, the next year David Luiz and Fábio Coentrão, last market Javi Garcia and Axel Witsel. Garay will probably be the next.

Cardozo is part of the club history, has over 150 goals for Benfica, but his market value isn´t that high, so he is still here :)

Guest eagleye

Portugeezers, what will the weather be like in Lisbon next wednesday?

Forget a sunny day! This Winter/Autumn has been pretty severe.

I'm glad to hear that you guys don't know Benfica´s players, hope your coach does not know them too!  :whistle:

Took 2 days off work to come up for the home leg, going to be a wild one with Sunderland on the Sunday too.

Got the Friday and Monday off work to make a long weekend of it, can't wait. :smitten:

Cue the matches being dreadful.

Already had the Monday off after the derby but followed your lead and booked the Friday aswell, make a weekend of it. Two rousing, flowing performances and positive results please 

:yao:

I'm more looking forward to this one than the derby. Should be immense.

Can see the derby atmopshere being flatter/more lively based on what happens in the Benfica game. We win and get through it'll be absolutely bouncing.