Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: Thanks, problem solved.

Yea, as I was saying, our european campaign this year been ok so far, but we had the responsibility to progress in that group. We are doing good in the Europa League (specially against Bayer, quality side), but we had to do better in the Champions League.

1W 1L against Spartak (Celtic won both)

1W 1D against Celtic (nicely done)

1L 1D against Barcelona (Celtic did better)

We needed to win at Camp Nou in order to progress and we lacked the composure to do it. Many missed chances.

Last year we had a way better run in CL. 1st in our group (Manchester University 3rd), eliminated Zenit and then gave Chelsea a run for their money in the quarters, while playing with 10 most of the game in London. Once again, missed way too many chances during both legs.

Benfica 0-1 Chelsea statistics

http://www.abload.de/img/ae5feb.jpg

Chelsea 2-1 Benfica statistics

http://www.abload.de/img/bbbdvef4.jpg

I believe we'll struggle to score against you, like we did against them. One of the best attacks against one of the best defenses. Should be interesting.

Scared of Benfica. Despite Bruno suggesting they are poor infront of goal, they seem to do a bloody good job of getting in front of it with the ball. We are the opposite of that.

Still, will be cracking game to watch but expect us to struggle to win. A win would be a brilliant give the way our league season has gone.

Scared of Benfica. Despite Bruno suggesting they are poor infront of goal, they seem to do a bloody good job of getting in front of it with the ball. We are the opposite of that.

Still, will be cracking game to watch but expect us to struggle to win. A win would be a brilliant give the way our league season has gone.

I would say we lacked some composure in crucial moments. Of course Barça and Chelsea aren't soft opposition but we threw away too many chances. And you defend with 10 men if needed so it won't be a walk in the park. :)

Btw, who's back for this game? Krul? Haidara? Tiote? Santon?

I would say we lacked some composure in crucial moments. Of course Barça and Chelsea aren't soft opposition but we threw away too many chances. And you defend with 10 men if needed so it won't be a walk in the park. :)

Btw, who's back for this game? Krul? Haidara? Tiote? Santon?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

They reckon Tiote and Santon back. Saying that, our medical team seem to just guess nowadays :lol:

Without proper full-backs it'll be a struggle, your wide players are very good.

These are a good team no doubt, but Celtic gave them a good game FFS. I'd probably say they're at a level akin to Arsenal, maybe Everton if they rest a few.

I wouldn't mind to repeat the same game result we did against Everton in 09  :snod:

The attendence will not be good i'm afraid, probably 35k.  :sad:

Guest fraser

These are a good team no doubt, but Celtic gave them a good game FFS. I'd probably say they're at a level akin to Arsenal, maybe Everton if they rest a few.

I wouldn't mind to repeat the same game result we did against Everton in 09  :snod:

The attendence will not be good i'm afraid, probably 35k.  :sad:

Times are hard everywhere these days. People do what they can afford to do.

Will be massively disappointed if there's 20k empty seats like.

Expect 35 to 50k, with 50k being very, very optimistic. Last game's attendence, against Rio Ave, was 45k. I'm pointing to ~40k.

Newcastle to Bristol tonight.... Bristol to Faro for a night... Train to Lisbon for 3 nights... Lisbon to Edinburgh... Train to Newcastle... Miss the Fulham match by an hour...  :'(

Newcastle to Bristol tonight.... Bristol to Faro for a night... Train to Lisbon for 3 nights... Lisbon to Edinburgh... Train to Newcastle... Miss the Fulham match by an hour...  :'(

Quite a trip, that :lol: have a cracking time