Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunderland win anyday. They're not in contention with us so why should we care how many points they pick up.

This. Also will push "Sess" further forward towards that shop window. :laugh:

If chelsea finish 5th but beat everton in the final, does the cup win take precedence over the league finish and 6th place qualify for Europe rather than the cup runners up? Has this situation been clarified anywhere?

If chelsea finish 5th but beat everton in the final, does the cup win take precedence over the league finish and 6th place qualify for Europe rather than the cup runners up? Has this situation been clarified anywhere?

Yes. Kinda.

Yes. Kinda.

:lol:

If Everton get to the final then they will be in Europe no matter how Spurs or Chelsea qualify for Europe. So basically unless we finish 5th or above then Liverpool must beat Everton in the semi-final.

If Everton get to the final then they will be in Europe no matter how Spurs or Chelsea qualify for Europe. So basically unless we finish 5th or above then Liverpool must beat Everton in the semi-final.

No.

This shit has made my eyes bleed on a weekly basis.

I've got us:

5. Chelsea              67          (W4-D2-L1)

------------------------------------------

6. Newcastle          63          (W2-D4-L1)

That is very pessimistic Yorkie :lol:

Is it really? Don't think it would be a bad return. 3-3-1 maybe, but even then, i still wouldn't have us catching Chelsea.

I don't think we'll win at Stamford Bridge.

Just a bit.

Give over 'very pessimistic'. That would mean 1 loss in 10. Since when have we had a record like that in the Premier League? Souness' purple patch?

Just a bit.

Give over 'very pessimistic'. That would mean 1 loss in 10. Since when have we had a record like that in the Premier League? Souness' purple patch?

It isn't just our return but also Chelsea's. Not interested in how many losses it would be in 10, the last two games have been two of our most impressive performances of the season and we've found a formation that works extremely well for us. No reason to think having played like we have, that run can't continue. If we only win two more games from our remaining seven I'll be massively disappointed.

Just trying not to get ahead of myself - we've got three really, really hard games.

Like i say, 3-3-1 would maybe be a more realistic return

Think I mentioned it in another thread but those last three games can go either way, all depends on their results between now and the time we play them. For example, if Man Utd have already won the title by the time we play Man City, I could easily see us beating them.

Just a bit.

Weren't we unbeaten in 11 at the start of the season? :lol: Get your point though.

What I meant was getting just 2 wins against the likes of Stoke,Swansea, Wigan and Bolton was a bit pessimistic (maybe over exaggerating since very pessimistic). I also thought you were building Chelsea up a bit as they have tougher games than us with the distraction of the Champions League.