Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The sad fact. :lol: Aye, it's a f***ing travesty we've slipped away from the CL spots so that it's now out of our hands. Embarrassment of a season.

aye cos thats exactly what i was trying to get at  :idiot2:

it goes without saying this season has been amazing regardless of how points we get in the last 6 or where we finish! this thread is about the race for europe.

Sorry. Can see how it looks like it, but it wasn't a dig, mate. Just crazy that we're at that point where it's that much of a realistic possibility. :aww:

You can't go through a full season without one or two games like that. No point dwelling on them. It's usually piss poor defeats at home to shit teams like Blackpool and Blackburn. This season it's because we lost at the Emirates. Says it all really.

Without a doubt. You're going to get poor performances (WBA home, Wolves home, Sunderland home, etc), it was the nature of the Arsenal defeat. At the time I think we went 8 points behind and I remember thinking at the time nevermind, it was all about wrapping up 7th anyway...now though...:lol:

You can't go through a full season without one or two games like that. No point dwelling on them. It's usually piss poor defeats at home to shit teams like Blackpool and Blackburn. This season it's because we lost at the Emirates. Says it all really.

:thup:

Every team will have them, even Man Utd fans will have the 'if we beat so and so we would be home safe by now'.

Do you know how the Intertoto Cup was a competition you had to apply to enter? Well it's now been scrapped but apparently the teams who would have entered the Intertoto Cup now enter the Europa League at the qualifying stages, so does that mean that we could apply to enter the Europa League should we fail to get into Europe via the league?

Basically if Liverpool beat Everton in the Cup we can relax and enjoy the rest of the season knowing that even if we 'only' finish 6th it'll be enough to compete in next season's Europa League. Fingers crossed Liverpool get to the Cup final then get mullered there by Spurs. :lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

Amazing season! Who'd have thought we would be level on points with Chelsea at this point of the season and a massive lead on the chasing pack with 6 games left!?

I am an optimist and thought we would have a solid season but i never thought we would be in such a strong position!

We are on a four win run which we haven't done since 2006, with two winnable home games next which could be tricky but they are also "should win's" when we first look at the fixtures too.

We have to be confident and absolutely boss the next two teams to make a real push on Champions League football or at least put pressure on them and battle Chelsea for 5th.

If Liverpool beat Everton (when is it played?) then the pressure is off us knowing we are guarenteed a place in the Europa League. We have a great chance at it and i think Pardew does too. I think behind closed doors it is what we are hoping to do. He has been very coy recently as have the players. Results have gone our way today and could tomorrow.

Should that happen and both Arsenal and Spurs slip if through the week we could go level.

Quite amazing the possibilities we have in our season with 6 games to go. This has not happened in a long time, loving it at the moment, proud to be a geordie and confident going into the final straight.

Come on lads! Tuesday/Wednesday night football is better than Thursday night football ;) Cant wait for those European nights to return and hopefully those amazing atmospheres with it!

May stick 50 quid on Everton to make the final. Then at least if Liverpool fuck us over, I can go out and get steaming on the winnings to forget it.

:lol:

Sounds like a plan.

Guest VaVaVoom

May stick 50 quid on Everton to make the final. Then at least if Liverpool fuck us over, I can go out and get steaming on the winnings to forget it.

:lol: