Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had it confirmed from my mate at uefa (Europa league boy is back from holiday) that Everton will only get in as runners up if the cup winners qualify for the CL. Which I think we were all pretty confident about anyway, regardless of what press had said.

Thanks. :thup:

Nice one, so I guess that means if Everton beat Liverpool we'll be rooting for Chelsea over Spurs as they're less likely to get top 4 given the remaining fixtures - it's a tangled web!

Guest ThievingMagpie

I reckon Spurs might get 5th because of their easy run-in, but they are in full panic mode but I definitely can see them either winning all their remaining games or losing all of them they are just that hit or miss this season.

I'd like Chelsea and Liverpool in the final. Liverpool because it means we have European football basically guaranteed by 3pm tomorrow, and the pressure is off for us. Chelsea because it means more games for them and puts more doubt in Tottenham minds, who are starting to feel the pressure a bit. All boiling up nicely :)

So if Everton win today, we want Chelsea to win tomorrow, then Chelsea to absolutely tonk Everton.

And to lose the rest of their league games, ensuring they can't get 4th.

Guest neesy111

So if Everton win today, we want Chelsea to win tomorrow, then Chelsea to absolutely tonk Everton.

That doesn't even have to happen, spurs have a good run-in.

I am aware of this, I was just taking it to the extreme.

If we win the rest of our games the rest is all irelephant.

I am aware of this, I was just taking it to the extreme.

If we win the rest of our games the rest is all irelephant.

http://i.qkme.me/35l4lk.jpg

So basically a Chelsea Champions League win is the only way we can't qualify for Europe if Liverpool win?

So basically a Chelsea Champions League win is the only way we can't qualify for Europe if Liverpool win?

I didn't know this, really? :(

Where does the other place go? I thought we were certain for Europe if Everton lost today and we didn't implode allowing them to catch us? ???

Can someone clarify please? I have the champagne ready to pop!

Barring us finishing 7th with someone other than Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs coming above us we will be playing in Europe next season.

Unless they change the rules with regards to Chelsea winning the Champions League.

Latvia, Lithuania, Azerbaijan......NUFC is coming for ya!

Look at me, look at me, I'll be supporting my team on the continent. Transatlantic

Is America in Europe, like?

It's one of Platini's more "out there" ideas.