Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This should help:

English European Competition Qualification 2011/12 - Updated 04/04/12

1st    Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester United)

2nd    Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester City)

3rd    Champions League Group Stage (currently Arsenal)

4th    Champions League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Tottenham)

5th    Europa League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Chelsea)

League Cup Winners    Europa League Qualifying. (Liverpool) If winners achieve Qualification via League Position this slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified via other means.

FA Cup Winners            Europa League Qualifying. If winners achieve Qualification via League Position the runners-up will take their place in Europa League. If both have achieved qualification via League Position the slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified by other means.

How can NUFC get in to Europe? **UPDATED**

Champions League:

NUFC Finish in the top 4. Unlikely. Less unlikely than before, but still pretty unlikely.

Europa League:

NUFC Finish 5th

NUFC win FA Cup

NUFC reach FA Cup Final but lose to Champions League Qualified Team

Everton fail to make the FA Cup Final and NUFC finish 6th

Everton fail to make the FA Cup Final and NUFC finish 7th but Liverpool finish 6th or higher. (Shouldn't need this one now  ;D)

If Everton DO make it to the cup final we want there opponents (Tottenham or Chelsea) to finish OUTSIDE the Champions League Qualifying position.

The current understanding is that should Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4 they will take the 4th CL Qualifying place. The team finishing in 4th will be given a place in the Europa League, this will be in addition to the 3 Europa League places awarded to England.

If I've missed anything, and I probably have, feel free to let me know.

Updated OP, if anything is wrong feel free to ridicule me.

Starting with a poor choice scenario of Everton beating Liverpool and Spurs getting to the final i see a potential conflict arising should we collapse towards 6th by losing out next 2 games.

In that situation would it be in our interests to let Chelsea beat us thus pushing Spurs towards the 5th place finish?

Ivanovic appeals three-match ban. Could be good for us.

A violent conduct charge would normally carry a three-match suspension, ruling the defender out of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham Hotspur and the London derbies against Arsenal and Queen's Park Rangers in the Premier League, yet there remains the potential for the FA to deem the appeal "frivolous" and extend the ban. If that were to be the case, Ivanovic would risk missing the subsequent league game against Newcastle United – currently two points and one place above Chelsea in the table – at Stamford Bridge on 2 May.

O0

Guest michaelfoster

If LIverpool beat Everton at the weekend, and we qualify for the EL looking at other countries leagues if they stay as they are we will be in the Europa League against (this may not be 100% accurate)

Europa League 2012 Winners

Chelsea (ENG)

Liverpool (ENG)

Toulouse (FRA)

Lyon (FRA)

Marseille (FRA)

Stuttgart (GER)

Leverkusen (GER)

Hannover (GER)

Udinese (ITA)

AS Roma (ITA)

Napoli (ITA)

Osasuna (ESP)

Athletic Bilbao (ESP)

Levante (ESP)

Academica (POR)

Sporting Lisbon (POR)

Feyenoord (HOL)

PSV (HOL)

FC Twente (HOL)

Heerenveen/Vitesse/NEC/RKC Walwijk (NED)

Maritimo (POR)

Spartak Moscow (RUS)

Dinamo Moscow (RUS)

Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)

Metalist (UKR)

Dnipro (UKR)

Arsenal Kiev (UKR)

plus the CL rejects

Guest neesy111

If Everton beat Liverpool to block 6th from becoming a European spot and then beat/draw with us on the final day which stops us getting 5th from Chelsea, what do we do to Niel?

Quite simply, we kill the man.

Had it confirmed from my mate at uefa (Europa league boy is back from holiday) that Everton will only get in as runners up if the cup winners qualify for the CL. Which I think we were all pretty confident about anyway, regardless of what press had said.

So if Everton win, we want Chelsea to beat Spurs? They're more likely to finish 5th, I think.

Guest neesy111

If Chelsea finish 6th as things stand and don't win champs league they would need to win the FA cup to be in Europe next season :lol:

If Chelsea finish 6th as things stand and don't win champs league they would need to win the FA cup to be in Europe next season :lol:

It would be quite interesting to see what players like Ashley Cole and Mata would do if they weren't in Europe.

Had it confirmed from my mate at uefa (Europa league boy is back from holiday) that Everton will only get in as runners up if the cup winners qualify for the CL. Which I think we were all pretty confident about anyway, regardless of what press had said.

Thanks, nice to get some clarification!

English European Competition Qualification 2011/12 - Updated 04/04/12

1st    Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester United)

2nd    Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester City)

3rd    Champions League Group Stage (currently Arsenal)

4th    Champions League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Tottenham)

5th    Europa League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Chelsea)

League Cup Winners    Europa League Qualifying. (Liverpool) If winners achieve Qualification via League Position this slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified via other means.

FA Cup Winners            Europa League Qualifying. If winners achieve Qualification for the Champions League the runners-up will take their place in Europa League. If they have acheived Euorpa League qualification the spot will go to the highest placed team not already qualified for Europe. This has been clarified by a bloke who works at UEFA, who knows a bloke who knows "withabrick".

How can NUFC get in to Europe? **UPDATED**

Champions League:

NUFC Finish in the top 4. Unlikely. Less unlikely than before, but still pretty unlikely. It might just fucking happen. BELIEVE [/Rich]

Europa League:

NUFC Finish 5th

NUFC win FA Cup

NUFC reach FA Cup Final but lose to Champions League Qualified Team

Everton fail to make the FA Cup Final and NUFC finish 6th

Everton fail to make the FA Cup Final and NUFC finish 7th but Liverpool finish 6th or higher. (Shouldn't need this one now  ;D)Not going to happen. No chance. No way. Not ever.

If Everton DO make it to the cup final we want there opponents (Tottenham or Chelsea) to finish OUTSIDE the Champions League Qualifying position. Unless we really are going to clinch 4th, in which case, HOWAY EVERTON. Beat the dirty bastards, whoever they may be.

The current understanding is that should Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4 they will take the 4th CL Qualifying place. The team finishing in 4th will be given a place in the Europa League, this will be in addition to the 3 Europa League places awarded to England.

If I've missed anything, and I probably have, feel free to let me know.

OP Updated.

Thanks. :thup: