Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere

Liverpool or Rome

'Cause Newcastle's in Europe

Mackems stay at home

Mackems stay at home

CLASS! Just txt that to a good 20 people

Been singing a similar one to myself

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere,

Barca or Rome,

Geordies are in Europe

Mackems stay at home.

Simply cant put Liverpool in a toon song :lol:

We've got some great youngsters in the team and a lot of our players don't get more chances even though they deserve it, think the extra games next season will help some of our youngsters (Abied, Vuckic, Travanier, Sammy, etc.. )break into the first team and the likes of Best, Gosling will get more chances. looking forward for it already.

As I was too young to travel to European away games last time we were there, what are the arrangements for getting to places?

Are there special planes put on for fans and how much are we looking at?

Cheers, FM.

Best just to sort your own trips in my experience - can get pretty much anywhere for cheap with Easyjet/Ryanair these days, and there's loads of sites you can find cheap hotels. Top tip is to book flights as soon as the fixtures are drawn as the cheeky buggers tend to put their prices up sharpish (when I had to rebook my return flight from Barcelona for the rearranged match the Easyjet site went from 40 quid up to 120 just in the time it took to complete the booking process!  :dave: )

As I was too young to travel to European away games last time we were there, what are the arrangements for getting to places?

Cheers, FM.

just expanding on this point, What is the arrangements for tickets? Will we be looking at most points or something?

Cheers, FM.

just expanding on this point, What is the arrangements for tickets? Will we be looking at most points or something?

been to europe twice and travelled independently for both, don't even know if there were official club trips. tickets were just liking normal away games.

Cheers, FM.

been to europe twice and travelled independently for both, don't even know if there were official club trips. tickets were just liking normal away games.

Don't go with the club, it's in and out and you see nowt but the match. Best to travel the morning of the match, stay overnight and travel back the next day. For the smaller grounds you'll need a decent amount of points. I ended up in the home end at Hereenveen and watched the AZ game in Alkmaar in my Nufc top in their equivalent of The Adelphi; we were advised to leave at HT and were happy to do so given the score.

Sadly, not sure I'll be able to find the necessary to get away this time.

Do you need your passport with the ticket? I have no problem but getting tickets for mates could be problematic if the passport name needs to match.

You need to provide your Passport details and travel arrangements.

Anyone been on a coach trip to a European away game?

Went to Metz on a coach. Was okay going, overnight from Newcastle got there about lunchtime

and had a cracking day there with their fans before the night match.

Coming back was a pig.  Hangover on a rough as fuck ferry crossing then didn't get.back

to town till teatime. 

Flew to Milan and stayed a few days. Much better trip.

Done Metz, Monaco and Eindhoven with the club in the 90's. Hellish travelling but it was a fairly cheap adventure back then. Have used the "budget" airlines for the more recent ones, but my favourite, better than Barcelona, Juventus etc was to Zulte Waragem in Belgium on Eurostar. Went without tickets amid scaremongering that anyone without a ticket would be turned back. Turned out to be false thankfully. Fantastic city, Ghent. Ended up in the home end, but experienced great place, people and pubs.

Went to Metz on a coach. Was okay going, overnight from Newcastle got there about lunchtime

and had a cracking day there with their fans before the night match.

Coming back was a pig.  Hangover on a rough as f*** ferry crossing then didn't get.back

to town till teatime. 

Flew to Milan and stayed a few days. Much better trip.

we done metz by train (http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,33368.msg638351.html#msg638351 ).....I'd certainly reccomend it to anyone who's never done done the euro stuff before. quite often these sorts of games are the best travels as opposed to the milans, barcelonas etc

European away tickets have to be applied for under 'UEFA' rules. This mean that to get a ticket, although i'm sure this only applies to fans of English clubs as i can't see Dynamo Bolakov having to do the same, you need to fill in a form. This includes supplying travel details and passport number. On occasions they've only given the tickets out when you get there, for all fans not just official tour, like in Lillestrom.

Had some amazing trips to Euro aways by car, boat and plane and hoping to add to my 21 next year. Favourite trip because of the game was Inter but Marseille, Barca, Tallinn and both Norway trips were brilliant.

So you have to book travel/accommodation before you apply for tickets? Wow, nothing could possibly go wrong there :laugh:

if i remember rightly though you don't have to prove the arrangements, or at least we didn't.