Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latvia, Lithuania, Azerbaijan......NUFC is coming for ya!

Look at me, look at me, I'll be supporting my team on the continent. Transatlantic

Is America in Europe, like?

Lithuania via New Mexico no? :whistle:

Posted in another thread, but position is as follows:

If Chelsea win the Champions League and don't qualify in 4th, then they get a CL spot, but then England is given an extra place in the EL.

We are in Europe unless Everton catch us in the league. Everton need to get 12 points more than Newcastle in the next 5 games.

Everton's next game is away to Manchester United. If we get a better result than they do next weekend, Europe is guaranteed.

Posted in another thread, but position is as follows:

If Chelsea win the Champions League and don't qualify in 4th, then they get a CL spot, but then England is given an extra place in the EL.

We are in Europe unless Everton catch us in the league. Everton need to get 12 points more than Newcastle in the next 5 games.

Everton's next game is away to Manchester United. If we get a better result than they do next weekend, Europe is guaranteed.

Thank you, love you, get the fuck in!!!!!!! :lol:

Chelsea wining the Champions League would only ever increase our chances of qualifying for Europe, it was never going to get in the way of it. :lol: As it stands, it won't matter to us now unless we finish 4th or 7th.

Everton could still finish in Europe if they Finish 7th and Chelsea win the Champions League.

Eh? how?

It would only happen if Chelsea finished outside the top 4, then we'd for some strange reason get an extra EL spot for them winning the Champions League.

Everton could still finish in Europe if they Finish 7th and Chelsea win the Champions League.

Eh? how?

Chelsea would get the 4th CL spot and as compensation the 4th place team would be granted a EL place. This would be an ADDITIONAL place and not take away from the other ones awarded to the English FA. It would go a bit like this.

1 Man Utd/Man City - CL

2 Man City/Man Utd - CL

3 Arsenal - CL

4 Spurs/NUFC - EL - Additional Place

5 Spurs/NUFC - EL

6 Chelsea - CL as Winners

7 Everton - EL - FA Cup place allocated to highest league place

8 Liverpool - EL - Carling Cup place.

Everton could finish 8th and get it as long as Liverpool come 7th.

It would have been an absolute travesty for us not to have qualified for Europe this season, so i'm absolutely delighted and so should everyone else connected to the club. :)

So now, let's take those shackles off and go into the final part of the season under much less pressure. I honestly reckon it'll aid any battle for 4th place.

Howay the lads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Europa_League

If Liverpool win the cup, which round would they then enter at? I assume their FA Cup spot would trump their CC spot, so we may enter at playoff/3rd qualifying round depending on if we finish 5th/6th. May have repercussions as to how early our season starts! (Assuming we do qualify for Europa League (and not CL)!)

Eh? how?

Chelsea would get the 4th CL spot and as compensation the 4th place team would be granted a EL place. This would be an ADDITIONAL place and not take away from the other ones awarded to the English FA. It would go a bit like this.

1 Man Utd/Man City - CL

2 Man City/Man Utd - CL

3 Arsenal - CL

4 Spurs/NUFC - EL - Additional Place

5 Spurs/NUFC - EL

6 Chelsea - CL as Winners

7 Everton - EL - FA Cup place allocated to highest league place

8 Liverpool - EL - Carling Cup place.

Everton could finish 8th and get it as long as Liverpool come 7th.

:thup: Imagine if mackems made a late run and got in :lol:

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere

Liverpool or Rome

'Cause Newcastle's in Europe

Mackems stay at home

Mackems stay at home

CLASS! Just txt that to a good 20 people

Been singing a similar one to myself

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere,

Barca or Rome,

Geordies are in Europe

Mackems stay at home.