Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

I know Ben Arfa has quality, but when I see him play, he seems to lose possession on a not irregular basis. Not saying that's a reason not to have him starting a la Pardew over recent months, but looking at it objectively, he looks a frustrating player in that sense.

He has a tendency to try and do too much.

Which is not surprising given the options ahead of him tbh. Hopefully the Demba's will change that.

I know Ben Arfa has quality, but when I see him play, he seems to lose possession on a not irregular basis. Not saying that's a reason not to have him starting a la Pardew over recent months, but looking at it objectively, he looks a frustrating player in that sense.

I'd rather he does what he does rather than having a side-to-side passer which leads to dispossession/pass-back-and-hoof.

Most of the times he's lost possession today is because there is no movement ahead of him whatsoever.

Edit: :lol: okay, not that time.

Unlike you to come on here and criticise one of our players.

Right. :lol:

It would be frustrating if nothing ever came from his innovative play. Fortunately his productivity speaks for itself and i can forgive him some misplaced passes.

Unlike you to come on here and criticise one of our players.

Right. :lol:

Ben Arfa specifically.

I'd rather he does what he does rather than having a side-to-side passer which leads to dispossession/pass-back-and-hoof.

Most of the times he's lost possession today is because there is no movement ahead of him whatsoever.

Edit: :lol: okay, not that time.

But what came first? No movement up front, or no pass from HBA?