Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Obertan will be on for Ben Arfa I bet.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if so. He's been shit for most of it, but he's the only one in the squad who's capable at breaking through a wall of defenders, like what Brighton have set up. Obertan can't beat a man for shit. Wouldn't make a jot of sense.

Obertan's not had a kick lately, Ben Arfa has been out of sorts, we wouldn't need to change the system. Makes pretty good sense tbh.

It wouldn't make sense cos Ben Arfa's class and Obertan's fucking garbage. However, i don't deny that there's a possibility of it happening.

Shola has been a lot more impressive than Best, he's held up the ball, won lots of headers and looks dangerous, whereas Best has missed two good chances including an awful header after Shola set it up to him on a plate.

he should look more dangerous than Best , considering he's playing upfront and Best is outwide  :fool:

Did you not see them swap?

Not too disappointed.

Wish we could be a bit more clinical infront of goal but the possession has been on the whole good, they look like no real threat (other than hoofing it over the top) and we look relatively comfortable.

Just want us to nick a goal soon to make it that bit more comfortable.

Obertan will be on for Ben Arfa I bet.

It would be absolutely ridiculous if so. He's been shit for most of it, but he's the only one in the squad who's capable at breaking through a wall of defenders, like what Brighton have set up. Obertan can't beat a man for shit. Wouldn't make a jot of sense.

Obertan's not had a kick lately, Ben Arfa has been out of sorts, we wouldn't need to change the system. Makes pretty good sense tbh.

It wouldn't make sense cos Ben Arfa's class and Obertan's fucking garbage. However, i don't deny that there's a possibility of it happening.

Exactly. People are complaining about out lack of creativity in the final third. Taking Ben Arfa off would make no sense at all.

Been one of 'those' games so far. We've looked canny with the ball mind, apart from a couple of stupid moments I'd say we're playing a decent style compared to what we've saw a few weeks back at least, quite fast paced.

It's probably gonna take a daft goal to nick it like, im gonna say it will probably end up a cheeky 1-0 to us

though ben arfa's been poor he's still looked by far the most likely to make something happen. would be madness to take him off - he needs the right words in his ear at h-t not being hauled off.

Indeed, he's been poor on the whole but he also played one of the only two decisive passes we played in the first half. We can probably afford his poor play and it might be him that wins it. Obertan will give it away and won't do anything going forward but slow us down even more.

Shola has been a lot more impressive than Best, he's held up the ball, won lots of headers and looks dangerous, whereas Best has missed two good chances including an awful header after Shola set it up to him on a plate.

he should look more dangerous than Best , considering he's playing upfront and Best is outwide  :fool:

Did you not see them swap?

yeh i saw it, dont change the fact that shola was playing the majority of the 45 mins upfront.

people want to compare performances then compare Best to HBA,  same position, but on different sides.  I know who out of the two has had a much better half.

Guest neesy111

Leon Best's entire game consists of doing something great that wins him possession followed by a really poor decision by which he loses it

Like there.