Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

I know Ben Arfa has quality, but when I see him play, he seems to lose possession on a not irregular basis. Not saying that's a reason not to have him starting a la Pardew over recent months, but looking at it objectively, he looks a frustrating player in that sense.

It would be frustrating if nothing ever came from his innovative play. Fortunately his productivity speaks for itself and i can forgive him some misplaced passes.

I know. :thup:

Just saying from what I've seen, he seems to be able to produce something out of little, and could be sensational if he added some consistency to his game.

I know Ben Arfa has quality, but when I see him play, he seems to lose possession on a not irregular basis. Not saying that's a reason not to have him starting a la Pardew over recent months, but looking at it objectively, he looks a frustrating player in that sense.

Unlike you to come on here and criticise one of our players.

Right. :lol:

Ben Arfa specifically.

Not really, as I've just said he's a quality player.

I think HBA is liable to get some stick purely based on peoples expectations of him.

Hardly his fault he's not the best player in the world for 90 minutes of every game. He's more than likely to be the player to produce a moment of magic PER game though.

But what came first? No movement up front, or no pass from HBA?

Was wondering the same thing! Whats our Captain's movement look like upfront?

We've played some nice stuff at times, but if we don't sharpen up in the final third, i can see us reverting to long-ball and dragging the game out to a draw/narrow defeat.

Really cba with a replay so we'd best sort it out.