Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Anyone seen the gif's of Hoilett's dive? I'm assuming I can't post a link to any site that has the gif, but I've been watching it on loop now for 5 minutes in disbelief. Such a diving cunt, so glad it didn't end up ruining our match.

When was the last time the FA issued a retrospective ban for diving? They went through a spate a few years ago in response to Robert Pires winning a penalty with a dive but then just stopped, possibly when they realised their golden boy Steven Gerrard was the worst of the lot.

If they want any credibility at all, they must issue a punishment for that but of course they haven't and won't. As I said elsewhere, it wasn't even on MOTD so nobody will have even seen it and there lies the problem with the whole ridiculous system. After the Cabaye farce, someone from NUFC should have been outside FA headquarters at 9 this morning clutching a tape of that dive and demanding sanctions.

When was the last time the FA issued a retrospective ban for diving? They went through a spate a few years ago in response to Robert Pires winning a penalty with a dive but then just stopped, possibly when they realised their golden boy Steven Gerrard was the worst of the lot.

If they want any credibility at all, they must issue a punishment for that but of course they haven't and won't. As I said elsewhere, it wasn't even on MOTD so nobody will have even seen it and there lies the problem with the whole ridiculous system. After the Cabaye farce, someone from NUFC should have been outside FA headquarters at 9 this morning clutching a tape of that dive and demanding sanctions.

have you noticed, and this is more to do with uefa/fifa i think than the fa, but the stuff the fans wanted and seemed to work have quietly been pushed to one side, the retrospective action on diving, the 10yds for dissent, the 6 second rule for keepers etc.

Did I really just hear that Aussie saying we deserved to win 2-0 and it would have been disappointing if it was just 1-0?

Wow everything down under really is upside down.

I may be wrong but I think it ended when the Eduardo ban (which was a dive) was overturned. Although if memory serves that was against Celtic in a CL qualifier so would have been the responsibility of UEFA instead? Either way I think they've been scared to try and implement anything since then.

Only problem with the red card is that nobody would ever get one. Accusing someone of cheating is serious enough already, there are hundreds of dives but almost no bookings. Upping it to red would just mean the ref would be even less likely to give it.

I agree with retrospective review of all the games though, and bans handed out to divers then.

Only problem with the red card is that nobody would ever get one. Accusing someone of cheating is serious enough already, there are hundreds of dives but almost no bookings. Upping it to red would just mean the ref would be even less likely to give it.

I agree with retrospective review of all the games though, and bans handed out to divers then.

yeah, i mean a retrospective red though and the ban that comes with it. i understand there's grey area so a yellow is fine, but if you're looking back over footage a blatant dive should be a ban imo.