Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Just hope Pards doesn't see this as a reason to start Obertan over Ben Arfa!

He'll see it as a reason to keep playing Shola, and that is the real worry.

Obertan should have been starting on the left and best through the middle in this 4-3-3, and we would have been playing far better.

Shola ... I'm even tired of abusing him at this point. He's just a bizarre thing.

No Match of the day tonight  :huff:

Eh? Why? Exactly the same amount of games as there was last night. Shirley if they were only wanted to do one episode it would make much more sense to have it tonight and cover all the games.

Think last night was supposed to have a few more games but they got re-scheduled for tonight.

Krul seemed fantastic btw. His positioning was great. Difficult dealing with that bombardment, but did exceptionally well I thought.

Many times the commentary stated he was lucky the ball was played down his throat, but if you watch the build-up, he read the play and positioned himself superbly to maximise the chances of that. (eg. the Dann header sticks out) Top, top man.

Guest bimpy474

If i was as bad at my job as Shola is at his, i would be sacked immediately and put in prison for the rest of my natural life.

Krul - 7

Simpson - 6

Williamson  - 5

Coloccini - 7

Santon - 5

HBA - 4

Guthrie - 6

R. Taylor - 6

Jonas - 6

Best - 5

Ameobi - 4

Perch - 7

Lovenkrands - 6

Obertan - Not really long enough but he scored, 7

Ameobi 4, Best 5?

I'll have some of what you're drinking. Shola actually manages to play EVEN shittier week in week out. Still, I almost think he's done better than Best today, if that's possible. No, it isn't. 2 to both, out of generosity.  I'm serious.

You couldn't say that anyone had a decent game, but somehow we pulled through. The second half reminded me a bit some of the defensive performances earlier in the season, where we didn't look comfortable, but didn't concede.

I'm no fan of Lovenkrands, but I felt a bit more confident when he came on. Playing with two slow strikers is a killer to watch.

You couldn't say that anyone had a decent game, but somehow we pulled through. The second half reminded me a bit some of the defensive performances earlier in the season, where we didn't look comfortable, but didn't concede.

I'm no fan of Lovenkrands, but I felt a bit more confident when he came on. Playing with two slow strikers is a killer to watch.

Best wasn't that slow, never looked like he was going to score though.

Neither did Loven mind you.

christ, how bad was that :lol:

proper fifa use of obertan there, exactly what i do with him

that was such an horrible game to watch.

think about it though

no tiote

no cabaye

no ba

no cissé

etc

the performance forgotten as soon as I saw the league table

HUGE WIN GTFI!!!!