Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Guest bimpy474

If i was as bad at my job as Shola is at his, i would be sacked immediately and put in prison for the rest of my natural life.

i knew you were a toilet attendant.

:D

The fact we no Tiote nor Cabaye meant we were always going to be up against it in midfield, first half Taylor and Guthrie really struggled, Perch's willingness to stick a foot in certianly helped proceedings in the second half but we still endured a tough time.

The back four were class considering the pressure they were under, Williamson was a little rattled but he settled down and played his part in a battling defensive display.

Considering the options available Pardew used his substitutions well, he had to considering he got the inital line up wrong. 

The fact we no Tiote nor Cabaye meant we were always going to be up against it in midfield, first half Taylor and Guthrie really struggled, Perch's willingness to stick a foot in certianly helped proceedings in the second half but we still endured a tough time.

The back four were class considering the pressure they were under, Williamson was a little rattled but he settled down and played his part in a battling defensive display.

Considering the options available Pardew used his substitutions well, he had to considering he got the inital line up wrong. 

I thought Simpson was awful again, particularly first half. Couple of decent blocks second half, mind.

Chelsea play Man Utd on the weekend .. a chance to go equal 4th :o

fkn hell yeh, how nice will it be to sit back and watch that if we've beaten villa. arsenal will beat blackburn, liverpool got spurs though monday night, could be great weekend

Shola gave the worst performance i have ever seen from any player ever.

It was the worst performance I've ever seen since his last performance.

:sweetjesus: He's improving.

The scary part is that he isn't, because that was fucking abysmal. Thank fuck the Dembas are back for Villa.

Wow, just wow.  The worst 90 I have seen from us all season, yet we won 2-0.  Chuffed for Obertan, Krul and Colo had a few moments but were otherwise class.

Starting to get really worried though, the midfield was terrible, the back 4 all over the shop and too high (again) and the movement up top was non existant.  Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of terrible performances tonight, Simpson, Williamson, HBA, Best....... But scapegoat time, Shola is a fucking disgrace, how he keeps getting 90 I don't know.  No workrate, no intelligence, didn't challenge for headers well, didn't hold it up.  He literally offered nothing, can't wait to see this sloth out the team.

Same problems every week, we will get torn apart Sunday I reckon, even with the Demba's back.

Guest neesy111

I thought Simpson was awful again, particularly first half. Couple of decent blocks second half, mind.

He kept us in it during the first half when he again cleared off the line.

He was doing his job.  If we had another RB he would be in that position on the corner.