Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Main problem with Pardew was once again highlighted. f***ing passive all along, up 1-0, Raylor injured? Bring Ben Arfa on and lets try to hold onto the ball.

Instead he puts Shitebulb on and we back off and let them play.

Same thing I felt when Obertan came on but honestly he has done well. I really liked it when he was literally busting a gut to track back at one point.

Not complaining with Shitebulb, not his fault, its Pardew tactics. We are too good of a team to be so passive fffs.

Think simpson needs to keep back a little more, seems to be him getting caught out a lot today.

We've been pretty damn good today, despite the double injuries we've had. Cisse looks like he's going to have a lot of fun with Ba, he's been great so far.

Their countering is excellent though and we need to be really careful or we'll lose this. I think Cisse is going to get one like, his movement is top drawer.

Guest MrSundlofer

Some first half observations:

- Jonás must be more direct in his play and not holding on to the ball to much.

- Santon not as attacking as he use to be. Good.

- Aston Villa are closing down well so Williamson is the man for us to pass the ball forward. Not good.

villa playing like thugs,  our team are too fucking soft, need to fuck keane and bent up with some stronger tackles.

half our team has got lumps kicked out of them already.

If Tiote was on, half of their team would be small piles of dust.

HATE to conced goal but tbh that was coming all day. but wtf was simpson doing - just jogging :tickedoff:

really worried for second half. we MUST win. Cissé looks class though!

Best and Raylor :(

Person to blame for the goal was Jonas lost the ball when all he had to do was lay it back to Santon  :rant:

No.

Started when NO-ONE came to offer a pass for Jonas.

The lack of understanding between Santon and Jonas stands out like a massive pus-filled wart at the moment :(

I can't wait for us to make a couple more reinforcements in the summer. The potential of the team is crazy.

I like Santon and i think he should be moved over to the right. Not only because Simpson is fucking terrible, but because there's no relief down the left side. There are several moments where Jonas can only cut inside, because he can't deliver a swinger on his left. He gets doubled-up on quite frequently, leaving him with three options: cross with weaker foot, cut inside, or dribble into the corner. With Enrique there, he'd be able to lay it off and solve the problem, but with Santon - it's exactly the same. He's too one-footed and we're too predictable down the left.

Need an out-and-out left-back more than anything in the whole squad.

Just seen the tackle again, it's a bloody horrible challenge, Warnock really shouldn't be on the pitch still.

Cissé has looked very good, some great touches, would have been marvellous if his header went in.