Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

I honestly don't think anyone is gonna stick four or five past us without reply this season. We're too strong across the park, even with a few players out.

Fulham was caused by bad attitude and the opposition exploiting a tactical mishap with devastating efficiency. They also had the momentum following a poor refereeing decision. It wasn't a fluke by any means, but it was definitely out-of-character where we were concerned. The absolute definition of 'one of those games'.

Spurs might beat us but it won't be a whitewash by any stretch of the imagination. We could play pretty badly and it still be a close-run thing, certainly result-wise.

From Pardew....

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

Krul

Simo Willi Colo Santon

Perch

Obi Gosling Guthrie Jonas

Shameobi

:scared:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

If they have the same team as tonight, at the weekend i think we can get atleast a draw........

Modric isnt the same player when he's played further forward, Kranjcar is gash outwide and Parker and Livermore while good defensively dont really create anything for the forwards.....

They relied heavily on Bale and Adebayor to create something out of nothing, and quite frankly if you dont let Bale to roam he's easy to mark as long you have pace.

I am really confident, despite no Tiote and Cabaye. Knowing our luck, Lennon and VDV will be back.  :lol:

Makes a big difference to them when either Lennon or Bale is out because it generally gives teams the opportunity to double up on the other one.

I'm not holding out much hope, a point would be an amazing result.

Guest michaelfoster

Ref: Andre Marriner - second outing this season in charge of Newcastle, following November's 2-1 home win over Everton. For anyone seeking positive omens, Marriner was the referee at SJP in December 2008 when we beat Spurs 2-1 - our last victory over them home or away.

hmmm

They were s**** tonight like, no dowt hammer us then!

They were shit because of a few reasons.......

Lennon usually stretches the play and gives them alot more width and allows Bale to have a free role. VDV's link play and creativity and the fact he allows Modric to play deeper where is more effective and Krancjar is gash out wide.

And they had no creativity from deep because they had to play two defensive midfielders in Livermore and Parker who provide nothing going forward.......

It was'nt just a one off, i have seen them like this before when there is no VDV and Lennon they struggle to create because they have little to no creativity and Bale and Ade is asked to create magic.

People talk about Modric and Bale but Lennon and VDV are just as important to how Tottenham play IMO.