Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Fairly pleased with the second half. Three of our first choice midfield out (three?).

Raylor on the right i would think is the 3rd.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Fairly pleased with the second half. Three of our first choice midfield out (three?).

Fuck me, Raylor is first choice midfielder now.

:(

why bring lovenkrands on n not ben arfa

Because it makes no difference whatsoever and who would you rather have out there risking injury?

I would rather a player who by Pardew's own omission needs to get used to the English game given a bit of pitch time. I'd also prefer to keep said player happy and not completely take the piss out of him by bringing Lovenkrands and Ferguson ahead of him.

Yeah, let's keep him happy, that's the most important thing.  :rolleyes: The obsession with Ben Arfa some people have on here is amazing, he really can do no wrong in their eyes. The reality is that the criticisms of him are fair and in a game we were always going to find tough defensively I can totally understand why Pardew opted to leave him on the bench, it didn't work out, but it was a totally reasonable choice to make. The game was lost from 5 mins in, you could tell that the whole team just wasn't up for it today and putting Ben Arfa on wouldn't have changed anything, he could however have got injured.

If we'd have had our first team today then we would definitely have had a legitimate chance of getting something out of this game, but we didn't, and when we don't have our best players on the pitch we're always going to have to rely a bit on luck against the better teams in the league. In that situation we don't have the squad to have a balanced and quality team and Pardew has to make a decision which way to go; defensive or attacking? He chose defensive, defensive didn't work, but in all likelihood if he'd have chosen to go for attacking and start Ben Arfa, it would have ended up going the same way. Once the game had started so badly nothing Pardew could do from the bench was going to change things and in that situation I can understand why he chose not to risk our better players.

Yeah, we got a total kicking today, but nothing Pardew did or didn't do was actually that wrong, let alone outrageous, so to get so enraged at him is a bit mental. The players simply weren't at the races from the start, but sometimes that just happens, if we were playing like that all the time then you could pin the blame on the manager, but we aren't, we're doing really well, way better than anyone expected and the manager deserves a huge amount of credit for that. It's fucking pathetic how some people react when we lose at the moment, you'd think we were in the bottom three, not sixth in the league!  :fool:

Guest bimpy474

I do have a nagging worry about a manager who thinks Raylor, Obertan, Ferguson and Lovenkrands should be in the team ahead of Ben Arfa down the right or left.

I do have a nagging worry about a manager who thinks Raylor, Obertan, Ferguson and Lovenkrands should be in the team ahead of Ben Arfa down the right or left.

the thing is, it depends on who we play against,  vs teams that are superior, city, man utd, spuds,etc

i have no problem with Pards starting with players like raylor, fergie, lovens , best,  these players at least will always cover a lot of ground.  if we want to keep things tight we need that workrate.

Exactly.

It's all well and good saying the criticisms of HBA are fair and that he needs to get used to the game or he's not pulling his weight in the team, but what about Obertan? Perch? Danny fucking Simpson? It seems Pardew only wants to aim criticism at HBA when he has to know that Obertan and Simpson are offering even less than HBA supposedly does. Surely he's not that clueless. It's a complete joke and slap in the face that he'd choose to bring on a youngster and Lovenkraps ahead of him.

Guest Dontooner

Because it makes no difference whatsoever and who would you rather have out there risking injury?

I would rather a player who by Pardew's own omission needs to get used to the English game given a bit of pitch time. I'd also prefer to keep said player happy and not completely take the p*ss out of him by bringing Lovenkrands and Ferguson ahead of him.

Yeah, let's keep him happy, that's the most important thing.  :rolleyes: The obsession with Ben Arfa some people have on here is amazing, he really can do no wrong in their eyes. The reality is that the criticisms of him are fair and in a game we were always going to find tough defensively I can totally understand why Pardew opted to leave him on the bench, it didn't work out, but it's was a totally reasonable choice to make. The game was lost from 5 mins in, you could tell that the whole team just wasn't up for it today and putting Ben Arfa on wouldn't have changed anything, he could however have got injured.

If we'd have had our first team today then we would definitely have had a legitimate chance of getting something out of this game, but we didn't, and when we don't have our best players on the pitch we're always going to have to rely a bit on luck against the better teams in the league. In that situation we don't have the squad to have a balanced and quality team and Pardew has to make a decision which way to go; defensive or attacking? He chose defensive, defensive didn't work, but in all likelihood if he'd have chosen to go for attacking and start Ben Arfa, it would have ended up going the same way. Once the game had started so badly nothing Pardew could do from the bench was going to change things and in that situation I can understand why he chose not to risk our better players.

Yeah, we got a total kicking today, but nothing Pardew did or didn't do was actually that wrong, let alone outrageous, so to get so enraged at him is a bit mental. The players simply weren't at the races from the start, but sometimes that just happens, if we were playing like that all the time then you could pin the blame on the manager, but we aren't, we're doing really well, way better than anyone expected and the manager deserves a huge amount of credit for that. It's f***ing pathetic how some people react when we lose at the moment, you'd think we were in the bottom three, not sixth in the league!  :fool:

Seriously, football is such a funny game , i see the exact opposite of your bias opinions. Imo we play average football all season but had the luck or individual players to get us the points. The table doesnt lie at the end of the season but before that concentrate and focus what's happening on the pitch.

I would rather a player who by Pardew's own omission needs to get used to the English game given a bit of pitch time. I'd also prefer to keep said player happy and not completely take the piss out of him by bringing Lovenkrands and Ferguson ahead of him.

Yeah, let's keep him happy, that's the most important thing.  :rolleyes: The obsession with Ben Arfa some people have on here is amazing, he really can do no wrong in their eyes. The reality is that the criticisms of him are fair and in a game we were always going to find tough defensively I can totally understand why Pardew opted to leave him on the bench, it didn't work out, but it was a totally reasonable choice to make. The game was lost from 5 mins in, you could tell that the whole team just wasn't up for it today and putting Ben Arfa on wouldn't have changed anything, he could however have got injured.

Yeah, we got a total kicking today, but nothing Pardew did or didn't do was actually that wrong, let alone outrageous, so to get so enraged at him is a bit mental. The players simply weren't at the races from the start, but sometimes that just happens, if we were playing like that all the time then you could pin the blame on the manager, but we aren't, we're doing really well, way better than anyone expected and the manager deserves a huge amount of credit for that. It's fucking pathetic how some people react when we lose at the moment, you'd think we were in the bottom three, not sixth in the league!  :fool:

What do you think about Pardew admitting he played too many attacking players and that he feels responsible for the way we started then? :lol: ;)

"we can go to spurs and let our hair down."

and didn't we do just that, what...the....fuck

Obertan, Jonas, Guthrie and Perch don't provide enough quality for us to have a real go at places like spurs. We should have done 4-5-1 and tried to contain them.

I don't have any more of an obsession with Ben Arfa than I do with Demba Ba, or Cheick Tiote, or Yohan Cabaye, or Tim Krul, or Fabricio Coloccini. I just think they're clearly our best players and should be in the team as some of the first names on the sheet. How is that an obsession? ???

Everything went right for Spurs but we were way off the pace. On another day we would have lost at Blackburn so I'll take the rough with the smooth. As a team we were too far apart, showed a lack of movement and didn't track the opposition.

Cabaye and Tiote would have made some difference but we'd have still lost. We have a chronic lack of pace at the back. There's no doubt that come the summer we need a centre half with pace and a right back.

Two huge games coming up.

First on MOTD. :mackems:

They've been waiting for this all season man, f***ing wankers.

fuck knows why though. All tonight has shown is we aren't title/top two contenders, we aren't as good as Spurs, Spurs are good and Obertan-Guthrie-Perch-Jonas isn't a very good midfield.

Tell us something we didn't already know :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

the thing is, it depends on who we play against,  vs teams that are superior, city, man utd, spuds,etc

i have no problem with Pards starting with players like raylor, fergie, lovens , best,  these players at least will always cover a lot of ground.  if we want to keep things tight we need that workrate.

Agree but you need a creative player, with Cabaye not being there especially, Pardews reason for HBA not playing are wearing very fecking thin especially when you see Obertan playing, Obertan's performances completely contradict his reasons for leaving HBA out imo.