Newcastle United vs Wolves - 25/2/12 @ 3pm

Skirge

I understand what you're saying, but as many have said post-our game, they can't be any more defensively suspect than Cabaye and Simpson. The amount of space BAE had for that first goal was criminal/hilarious (delete where applicable).

Cabaye left loads of space, he was sitting in his house at the time so I wouldn't be too hard on him for that.

I wonder if they'll take a chance on Lee Clark.....

Didn't they say the post was not for a 'novice'? Not to be unfair to Clark, but in managerial terms he still is pretty green. Even with their first shortlist seemingly unavailable, doubt they'd renege on such a bold statement, so soon - more out of pride than anything else!

Ah yeah, so they did. True, Clark still isn't quite there yet.

Not sure who Wolves will bring in now really, especially now that their first choices have seemingly turned them down. Your suggestion of Sven might be a good shout actually, hmmm.

I understand what you're saying, but as many have said post-our game, they can't be any more defensively suspect than Cabaye and Simpson. The amount of space BAE had for that first goal was criminal/hilarious (delete where applicable).

Cabaye left loads of space, he was sitting in his house at the time so I wouldn't be too hard on him for that.

Oops. Easy mistake to make, as they look so similar...

I wonder if they'll take a chance on Lee Clark.....

Didn't they say the post was not for a 'novice'? Not to be unfair to Clark, but in managerial terms he still is pretty green. Even with their first shortlist seemingly unavailable, doubt they'd renege on such a bold statement, so soon - more out of pride than anything else!

there are clearly experienced managers interested too. fingers crossed for bruce

Guest VaVaVoom

We need a massive reaction against Wolves like. AP needs to get the team and tactics right.

I'd like to see...

---Krul---

Santon---Williamson---Coloccini---Jonas

Raylor---Cabaye---Tiote---Ben Arfa

Cisse---Ba

Some may ridicule but i actually think Jonas at LB for the rest of the season would give Ben Arfa the support he needs to play out wide. It wont happen though.

AP will go with...

---Krul---

Simpson---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Raylor/Obertan---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

Cisse---Ba

Some may ridicule but i actually think Jonas at LB for the rest of the season would give Ben Arfa the support he needs to play out wide.

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/ff/fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

Pardew just needs to sack up and give Ben Arfa a shot on the wing in a 4-4-2 for this. I know we'll probably concede 15 goals due to his horrific inability to defend (despite the fact that we managed to keep a clean sheet away at Everton last year and in the second half at home to Blackburn in the cup, the only two times I recall HBA playing as part of a midfield 4) but he deserves a chance IMO.

Guest VaVaVoom

I agree Shak...I think we all do.

AP NEEDS to grow a set and just put some trust in him.

Having Tiote and Cabaye back does boost the chances of Barfa starting like...AP has said in the past that when we have key players like them in the side it makes us stronger and more accomodating to having a player like Barfa in the starting line up. Which is true.

Has Jonas played LB before?...

He did for the first few games of this season.  :lol:

And played there for Argentina too.

No. Right back.

Good enough for me. It's worth a shot. He's clearly got the attributes. :thup:

He was a liability at right back for Argentina in the WC as far as I recall. They were a mess in general though.

Physically he has the attributes to play there but I don't think it'd suit him at all tbh. Now probably isn't the time to try it out in any case.

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo    Santon

Jonas      Tiote      Cabaye    Ben Arfa

Ba        Cisse

Not only would this team destroy Wolves it's also the team we should be fielding every week

Krul

Ba        Cisse

Not only would this team destroy Wolves it's also the team we should be fielding every week

:thup:

Would probably have Ryan Taylor in for Simpson but not too fussed.

Krul

Ba        Cisse

Definitely like the look of this and aye, it should be the team for every game!