Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

I love Ben Arfa but he was not good again.  Whether he's trying too hard to make a statement to Pardew or whatever, he wasted two or three excellent chances and looked well off the pace.

Guthrie was shocking too.

Why feel the need to mention him? He played 25 minutes and got 3/4 close shots away. He wasted a few opportunities too, fair enough, but christ the whole team deserve a fucking weeks fine for that shit.

Because he's such a touchstone for so many people.  His inclusion in the side is such a divisive thing that his performance merits extra scrutiny.  He was no worse than anyone else, mind, but seeing as how every match is a referendum on him and on Pardew, it needs to be discussed.

Find it hard to blame Pardew entirely. He picked our best side, apart from Ben Arfa, arguably. If he is telling the players to play  long  ball then that is worrying, otherwise the players need to take some blame. Let's see what the lads are like next weekend with virtually the same team. I suspect we will see a different attitude.

I'll be very surprised if Pardew is still our manager at the end of next season.

Come on, easy now  :lol:

I'm not advocating we sack him now.

He has, surprisingly, proved himself to be a better manager than Hughton.

However, I think we've now got better players than he has the ability to manage and motivate, and I think that whilst replacing Willo and Simpson will help, I'm not sure he's going to be able to emulate this season next year, and the pressure will be on.

I thought the first half performance was normal for a team who have been gifted two goals by shite opposition, subdued but comfortable.

The big disappointment for me was that we didn't come out firing after half time. It was obviously what was needed and it was obvious that Wolves would be fired up to salvage something.

Very unlucky with the Jarvis goal mind.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's insistance on hoofball is depressing as feck, but how and earth does Simpson stay in the team, he is a poor defender and offers nothing going forward, his passing is useless, you cant have a modern day full back like that, and the turd on top of the cake is his lack of pace, slow as a granny with as much ability, feck off at the end of the season you useless knacker.

I love Ben Arfa but he was not good again.  Whether he's trying too hard to make a statement to Pardew or whatever, he wasted two or three excellent chances and looked well off the pace.

Eh? When?

Two dribbles to the touchline that resulted in goal kicks immediately spring to mind.  One run to the center with two passing options open was similarly wasted, though not as obviously.

I wonder why he looked slightly off the pace. Oh wait, Pardew gives him ZERO pith time and ZERO confidence.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Guthrie was very poor when brought on and Jonas lost the ball a lot near the end. Ben Arfa was again trying far too hard, seemed unhappy at his own performance. Ba wasn't himself either.

At some point you cannot blame the father for the foolish actions of the son. They were 2-0 up against a vastly superior team and collapsed. That is an indictment on the players, imo.

And the fact we were being outclassed for the majority of the first half in possession is something thats acceptable to be ignored by our coaching staff at half time or in making substitutions to change the game?

Motivation is the single biggest element mangers must posess and surely the reason for our shit show today. We could also point the finger of blame to poor coaching or lack of focussed training for when we panic in defence, constantly back off attackers and give them room to shoot, or fail to pass accurately 10 yards or keep possession. This isnt the first time in the last 5 games or this season in fact that these faults have been evident.

I like Pardew and appreciate alot of the good things he is doing and has done but personally i am yet to see us click as a free flowing team this season for more than a glimpse or two, let alone more than a game.

Sure the players have to take accountability but trashing a clearly unmotivated and focused group of players falls on the head of the coaching staff primarily, stupid to rule that out.

I think it turned out to be another game where we missed Barton/Nolan. Our team is technically better than last season's but it has less bottle.

I would say our team spirit and work rate has been one of the main reasons we've done so well. Today it was lacking though, that's true.

I wonder why he looked slightly off the pace. Oh wait, Pardew gives him ZERO pith time and ZERO confidence.

Thats his chance, he didnt take it, he will be benched for the next three games with little to no introduction. Fact.

Play like FUCKING shit against Wolves, unbelievable!

And taking off Cisse when HBA is coming on, wtf do you think Pardew.... :idiot2:

Never been so frustrated with a match, or at least it feels like it now.

We have the players to hold on to the ball, and play some fucking football.

But we aren't, what does Pardew instruct them to do ?!HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF THE FUCK OUT OF THEM!!!!!1

Enough of this shit, good bye cruel world... hello Whisky and rom.. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

After Spuds I thought the first thing we'd work on was not losing possession easily. Think again.

Terrible ball retention throughout the game. Really woeful.

Absolutely spot on, and goes against all the shite Pardew was spewing about playing a different style this season, as its gone on, its getting more and more like watching Fat Sam's served up tripe.

After Spuds I thought the first thing we'd work on was not losing possession easily. Think again.

Terrible ball retention throughout the game. Really woeful.

:lol: We've been doing it all season long. Except the odd spell where we pretend we're Barca.

I agree with you.  I don't think it's fair that he's put in this position.  For me he's better than Raylor 1000 times out of 1000 on the right side.  But I'm not Pardew and that seems to be the way it is.

The most frustrating thing is that our players don't move and create options for a pass. The way it looked was as if they were afraid of giving away space for a counter attack so to me the blame has to lie at Pardew's door for instilling this negative mindset in to our players.

Guest ThievingMagpie

WHy the fuck is it every time we score we immediately switch off? It's uncanny how many times it's happened recently. Utterly frustrated with the game, the three points were there for the taking and we let it go.

And this of all games for Ba's legs to finally fuck up. God damn it/.

The most frustrating thing is that our players don't move and create options for a pass. The way it looked was as if they were afraid of giving away space for a counter attack so to me the blame has to lie at Pardew's door for instilling this negative mindset in to our players.

Yep, the off the ball movement is awful. It's bothered me for a long time, we just don't pass and move it in a lively way like a normal football team.