Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

Frustrating match to watch, but then all the matches since Man U have been. Don't understand why we insisted on hoofing the ball long to Cisse and Demba all game when they couldn't win a header against the Wolves cbs. We were lucky to go two ahead and then completely stopped playing.

On Ben Arfa, I think he was the only player to try to make something happen in the second half. He lost the ball a few times but he also almost scored, and was the only player shooting at the goal after they equalised. Time to see him starting regularly, the lad needs games to get to his best and we need an in form Ben Arfa.

Problem with Ben Arfa at the moment is, when he comes on, he knows it's a rare chance to show everyone - Pardew in particular - what he can do. That leads to a huge level of selfishnes, what we've seen yesterday.

Of course, he almost scored but, with Ba in the box, I'd rather had him try to cross the ball into the box instead of trying to cut inside and go for goal - everytime.

Problem with Ben Arfa at the moment is, when he comes on, he knows it's a rare chance to show everyone - Pardew in particular - what he can do. That leads to a huge level of selfishnes, what we've seen yesterday.

Of course, he almost scored but, with Ba in the box, I'd rather had him try to cross the ball into the box instead of trying to cut inside and go for goal - everytime.

with no one getting forward from midfield it's going to be some ball to find ba with 4 defenders and a couple of midfielders trying to stop him.

Guest neesy111

Frustrating match to watch, but then all the matches since Man U have been. Don't understand why we insisted on hoofing the ball long to Cisse and Demba all game when they couldn't win a header against the Wolves cbs. We were lucky to go two ahead and then completely stopped playing.

On Ben Arfa, I think he was the only player to try to make something happen in the second half. He lost the ball a few times but he also almost scored, and was the only player shooting at the goal after they equalised. Time to see him starting regularly, the lad needs games to get to his best and we need an in form Ben Arfa. [b/]

This really, he was our best outlet when he came on which wasn't a surprise.

Ben Arfa was his usual self. Unwilling to release the ball and head down. Clearly a talented player but he's a frustrating a player as you'll see.

Still fucking furious here like, can't believe we threw that away.

Actually thumped the mattress and shouted "fuck" when I woke up this morning. The lass was not impressed.

I had this exact reaction when I woke up.

Didnt have many players to release it too

This, also releasing it to Simpson is just giving away possession anycase.

Releasing it to Simpson or Williamson on the right side of our defence you mean.

If our formation was likened to the human body, then it has had a stroke affecting its right side.

Add Raylor and it becomes total paralysis rather than just slurring and slobbering.

HBA and Ferguson are the bionic body parts ready for the cure.

Get them fitted Pardew you twerp.

Releasing it to Simpson or Williamson on the right side of our defence you mean.

If our formation was likened to the human body, then it has had a stroke affecting its right side.

Add Raylor and it becomes total paralysis rather than just slurring and slobbering.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed. Simpson is so bad that when he berates his team-mates, for doing badly something he should have done in the first place, I feel like chinning him from my position in the Leazes End. He's wank.

He really can do no wrong in some people's eyes. :lol:

Perhaps, imo though just like the constant Hughton/Pardew debate that comes up, that's not the important point. The important point is should he have been given more of a chance this season? Obviously he should have, Pardew's massively at fault for that.

Early frontrunner for Football post of the year 2012. Completely true as well.

what was up with the half time entertainment? at the leazes end they put something behind the goal and some lads just started shooting into an empty net

I preferred it tbh.

Aye, better than having to pretend that we're happy for a scrawny little 9 year old who's just rolled a football into the Gallowgate net past an underworked and over aged paedophile in a Magpie suit.

what was up with the half time entertainment? at the leazes end they put something behind the goal and some lads just started shooting into an empty net

I preferred it tbh.

what was it they put behind the goal? could only see the back of it

I preferred it tbh.

what was it they put behind the goal? could only see the back of it

Was an LED screen, similar to the clocks we have at the end of each advertising hoarding.