Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

watching it again. We were playing really well up until 2 nil and then just almost completely stopped playing. Now if we want to compete with the top clubs then we simply cannot do that. The top teams carry on pushing and go on to win at a canter.  I don't know if it was the manager or just the players couldn't be bothered but it really was shocking.

It's probably the reason we haven't beaten anyone with a truly convincing scoreline this season despite the man united game. (which was 2 wonder goals and a injury time own goal)

The whole team, manager and players, need an ass-kick for this bullshit performance. Biggest disappointment for me are Tiote and Cabaye. How on the earth these 2 cannot control the midfield against a relegation team at home?

Probably because they were too busy watching the ball go over their heads.

Most of the time our defenders are forced to hoof the ball because Tiote and Cabaye offers no option in the centre. Do you know how many times Cabaye did go back and help to pass the ball forwards? ONCE.

Tiote is better, at least he did show up even if he failed to bring the ball forward.  Cabaye is simply a no-show today.  I have been his biggest fans but today it is f***ing ridiculous.

for me manager should see this things and do something. if they dont do what you demand then drop them. because that movement creates place to pass and it also creates space to other players to get ball.

He did. Guthrie was brought in to do that job. We did pass the ball much better since Guthrie's there.

I ain't sure what's happening to Cabaye but his form since 2012 has been shocking.

I think he`s tired. Tempo of the game is totally different what he has used to and when you play almost all games it takes you mentally as well

Cabaye has had a 'rest' for three games before today. Tiredness doesn't wash with me.

Poor performance today - I'd have started Ben Arfa in the place of Ryan Taylor. He former might lose the ball, but at least he tries to make things happen and would have had them on the back foot. Have said it before, but will say it again - I see worrying parallels between Pardew's treatment of Ben Arfa, and what he did with Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham. I'm not saying Ben Arfa is in Tevez's league, but Pardew seems unwilling to trust flair players.

Sounds like we tried to do to Wolves what Spurs did to us 2 weeks ago. Start quickly, score a couple and then ease back and coast for the last 70 minutes.

Problem is that Spurs still pushed looking for more goals rather than stop playing completely and hand the initiative and momentum over. Why can't we just keep playing football and try to wallop teams by 4 or 5? Is Pardew trying to be too fucking clever and cute by thinking the game's won? 

Guest Heneage

Sounds like we tried to do to Wolves what Spurs did to us 2 weeks ago. Start quickly, score a couple and then ease back and coast for the last 70 minutes.

Problem is that Spurs still pushed looking for more goals rather than stop playing completely and hand the initiative and momentum over. Why can't we just keep playing football and try to wallop teams by 4 or 5? Is Pardew trying to be too f***ing clever and cute by thinking the game's won?

Seems to spread to the players too. Wonder if the ease with which the goals came made them think they had complete control.

watching it again. We were playing really well up until 2 nil and then just almost completely stopped playing. Now if we want to compete with the top clubs then we simply cannot do that. The top teams carry on pushing and go on to win at a canter.  I don't know if it was the manager or just the players couldn't be bothered but it really was shocking.

It's probably the reason we haven't beaten anyone with a truly convincing scoreline this season despite the man united game. (which was 2 wonder goals and a injury time own goal)

:scared:

:scared:

It's "game of the day" God knows how it was an atrocious game of football

Problem is that Spurs still pushed looking for more goals rather than stop playing completely and hand the initiative and momentum over. Why can't we just keep playing football and try to wallop teams by 4 or 5? Is Pardew trying to be too f***ing clever and cute by thinking the game's won? 

We didn't try to play football.

lucky to get a point, even at 2-0 we weren't the better team. all down to shitty tactics of 8 man containment and 2 men attacking, it's exactly the way the mackems have played the last couple of months. only plus side is that pardew ought to look at those tactics and realise we aren't cut out for it.

Funnily enough, in hindsight we might have been better off had that header Doyle put wide at the end of the first half (which was a pretty glaring miss) gone in. Might have changed our second half approach.

Guest neesy111

Conceding a 2 goal lead to anyone is bad but to Wolves....  It's embarrassing but not a surprise to those though who actually watch our recent performances.

Still really can't get it how we didn't win this.

Normally, 2-0 up, you go for a 3rd goal and kill it off and have some fun.

We did fall asleep. One of the worst performances from us I've seen for a long time. Well, probably for 2 weeks.... :lol: