Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

Guest bimpy474

Right, that was gash.

Krill - 7 not much to d for the goal, some good saves but way too much hoof.

Simpson - 4 worst player in a black an white shirt today, woeful in possession and caught out of position way too many times.

Willi - 5 too slow, did okay in the air but surely needs to be stronger!

Colo- 6 fine.

Santon - 6 was good, best attacking outlet at points, although needs to work n his left foot.

R Tay - 5 average

Cabaye - 6 good first half, nowhere to be seen second.

Tiote - 7 good to have him back, held possession well for the most part.

Guti - 6 was fine. Loses the ball plenty, fantastic goal.

Cisse - 6 looked dangerous when running into space, scored.

Ba - 5 never really had a sniff, couldn't keep the ball.

Subs;

Ben Ben Ben Arfa 5 still loses it too much, only player willing to make a chance or even try and take one.

Guthrie - 3 atrocious, lost the ball every 30 seconds, no exaggeration.

Shola - 9 me gusta all skills.

What game did you watch son, Doyle done him every single time, every single time.

Absolutely god awful. Cabaye and Tiote played like strangers; Raylor was useless and Simpson and Williamson were horrendous at the back. While it may well have been an off game for the central midfield pair, it is clear that many of our squad just aren't good enough if we want to be competing near the top of this league. Need a RB, New CB, more CM depth, two new wingers and another striker ideally, but we all know there is zero chance of that happening.

Krul 6

Simpson 3

Williamson 4

Coloccini 6

Santon 6.5

Raylor 5

Tiote 4

Cabaye 5

Jonas 5.5

Cisse 6.5

Ba 6

Guthrie 5

Ben Arfa 6

Shola 6

Krul - 7 Neither goal his fault, did fine.

Simpson - 4 unlucky with deflection, didn't think he was as bad as some say, he's been worse but no help to the team

Colo - 6 Did fine, was driving some of our good spell at the end, high up pitch keeping pressure on such that it was

Williamson - 4 Needs to do better, should have headed the second goal away, but set it up instead

Santon - 7 great attacking threat, will be a great player with some experience (bit reckless atm)

Raylor - 5 Typical journeyman performance

Jonas - 6 Good goal, lost ball more than he should though

Cabaye - 5 pretty much uninvolved

Tiote - 4 needed to be breaking up their attacks a load more, and yet they were allowed to just pass it around no problem a lot. His usual thing of playing well only against good teams

Cisse - 7 good goal, hard worker, excellent

Ba -5 had a quiet game, wonder if hasn't recovered from the ACN yet.

Subs

Strola - 1 didn't do anything

Ben Arfa - 6 Both sides of his game, wasted opportunities but also made 2 better ones than anyone else

Guthrie - 6 when came on we played with more movement and stronger midfield, but also was unusually lax in passing, one in particular was near calamatous.

Pardew - 3 Only gets points for actually getting us playing well like we should have from the beginning.

We are not lacking quality, we are lacking mentality, and I partly blame Pardew for that.

the team mentality comes from the manager.

It would seem to be the perfect game to go out with an offensive mindset and try and get our attack functioning. But we'll get more of the same, narrow as fuck, don't concede and aim for the Demba's. We'll still win like.

We are not lacking quality, we are lacking mentality, and I partly blame Pardew for that.

the team mentality comes from the manager.

It would seem to be the perfect game to go out with an offensive mindset and try and get our attack functioning. But we'll get more of the same, narrow as f***, don't concede and aim for the Demba's. We'll still win like.

exactly

For the umpteenth time this season, we have witnessed an awful and alarmingly worrying performance. In those other cases, people either consoled themselves and pointed to the three points gained and the lofty league position or were in complete denial.

Well no three points today to console anyone. So what about all of these absolute rubbish performances dished out week in and week out?

Been waiting for ages for a f****** decent performance. Some proper f****** football. I got served the same old sh*t once again.

So pissed off right now, best I log off!

Guest bimpy474

For the umpteenth time this season, we have witnessed an awful and alarmingly worrying performance. In those other cases, people either consoled themselves and pointed to the three points gained and the lofty league position or were in complete denial.

Well no three points today to console anyone. So what about all of these absolute rubbish performances dished out week in and week out?

Been waiting for ages for a f****** decent performance. Some proper f****** football. I got served the same old sh*t once again.

So pissed off right now, best I log off!

You sound like you need a cuddle poppet :D

So p*ssed off right now, best I log off!

;D  ;D  ;D

Glad you still have your sense of humour  O0

The whole team, manager and players, need an ass-kick for this bullshit performance. Biggest disappointment for me are Tiote and Cabaye. How on the earth these 2 cannot control the midfield against a relegation team at home? This is unacceptable.

Complacency? Oh fuck yea we are a Euro Champ spot team and Wolves at home are fucking easy eh? Fuck off. I would rather see the likes of Ferguson and HBA (excellent work rate and willingness to try today) or even Lovenkrands rather then such a dismal performance from certain key players, including the Captain.

would've been 6 points ahead of 7th if we'd won that as well  :lol:

The irony is I've been criticising Pardew heavily for this and then I look at the table and think that I'd be delighted if we finished where we are right now. I just can't shake this feeling that he's stumbled across a formula this season that we can't continue with any success, we're not gonna have a striker in form as good as Ba's, every year. At the minute it looks like the only thing that's gonna improve this team is better players. Shouldn't we be expecting the manager to make us better? He doesn't even make the signings, we may as well have someone who's gonna make the team better then the sum of its parts?

The whole team, manager and players, need an ass-kick for this bullshit performance. Biggest disappointment for me are Tiote and Cabaye. How on the earth these 2 cannot control the midfield against a relegation team at home?

Probably because they were too busy watching the ball go over their heads.

Guest bimpy474

So p*ssed off right now, best I log off!

;D  ;D  ;D

Glad you still have your sense of humour  O0

Just about ;)

The whole team, manager and players, need an ass-kick for this bullshit performance. Biggest disappointment for me are Tiote and Cabaye. How on the earth these 2 cannot control the midfield against a relegation team at home?

Most of the time our defenders are forced to hoof the ball because Tiote and Cabaye offers no option in the centre. Do you know how many times Cabaye did go back and help to pass the ball forwards? ONCE.

Tiote is better, at least he did show up even if he failed to bring the ball forward.  Cabaye is simply a no-show today.  I have been his biggest fans but today it is fucking ridiculous.

Most of the time our defenders are forced to hoof the ball because Tiote and Cabaye offers no option in the centre. Do you know how many times Cabaye did go back and help to pass the ball forwards? ONCE.

Tiote is better, at least he did show up even if he failed to bring the ball forward.  Cabaye is simply a no-show today.  I have been his biggest fans but today it is f***ing ridiculous.

for me manager should see this things and do something. if they dont do what you demand then drop them. because that movement creates place to pass and it also creates space to other players to get ball.

you know what's shocking about todays performance?

that was the exact same team that beat man utd 3-0.  only difference was, shola played that night instead of Ciise.

the mind boggles  :kasper:

Not really. Tiote and Cabaye dominate against such teams. Against mid-table - relegation candidates the pair of them don't functon.

Tiote is better, at least he did show up even if he failed to bring the ball forward.  Cabaye is simply a no-show today.  I have been his biggest fans but today it is f***ing ridiculous.

for me manager should see this things and do something. if they dont do what you demand then drop them. because that movement creates place to pass and it also creates space to other players to get ball.

He did. Guthrie was brought in to do that job. We did pass the ball much better since Guthrie's there.

I ain't sure what's happening to Cabaye but his form since 2012 has been shocking.

He did. Guthrie was brought in to do that job. We did pass the ball much better since Guthrie's there.

I ain't sure what's happening to Cabaye but his form since 2012 has been shocking.

I think he`s tired. Tempo of the game is totally different what he has used to and when you play almost all games it takes you mentally as well