Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

The most frustrating thing is that our players don't move and create options for a pass. The way it looked was as if they were afraid of giving away space for a counter attack so to me the blame has to lie at Pardew's door for instilling this negative mindset in to our players.

Yep, the off the ball movement is awful. It's bothered me for a long time, we just don't pass and move it in a lively way like a normal football team.

and who is it that should be responsible for that?

The most frustrating thing is that our players don't move and create options for a pass. The way it looked was as if they were afraid of giving away space for a counter attack so to me the blame has to lie at Pardew's door for instilling this negative mindset in to our players.

Yep, the off the ball movement is awful. It's bothered me for a long time, we just don't pass and move it in a lively way like a normal football team.

Well the manager, coaches and players. Who were you thinking of?

Well, fucking shambles that was. Didn't take Wolves long to figure out our right side was our weakest did they?. I would have taken Simpson off, put Taylor in his place and went 4-3-3. Fuck that was frustrating to watch.

manager?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So fucking disappointing. We completely fucked that one up! En-route to the N-O piss up, will probably vent a lot of frustration there.

:lol: :thup:

I've been a supporter of Pardew's and still am but the lack of urgency and clueless play speaks very poorly of him.

To have two weeks to prepare for a Wolves team that:

1. Has no permanent manager

2. Has not won in 9 matches

3. Is in the bottom 3

4. Just lost 5-1 to West Brom

and look as poor as we did - even from the beginning (remember Doyle had a great chance 43 seconds in) - is largely on preparation.  We looked complacent and lazy.  Certainly the players played their part in that but Pardew does as well. 

Also, while Pardew spent ages talking about our increased possession this season and retaining the ball ("It lost us a few matches last year", he'd often say), his tactics indicate a manager either too scared or too inept to set a team up to actually retain the ball against a hard-working but limited opponent. 

Very worrying for me.  Very very worrying.

We got more than we deserved. We were very poor against a supposedly poorer side. We just sucked. The referee and assistants were diabolical. Wolves were a bunch of lowlife cheating scumbags. But above all, our boys played with the timidity of mice.

:no:

Guest bimpy474

We got to the latter stages of the champions league with Griffin, Hughes, Dabizas and fucking Babayaro! IIRC.

Very misinformed mate.....Baba was signed by Souness.

So fucking disappointing. We completely fucked that one up! En-route to the N-O piss up, will probably vent a lot of frustration there.

:lol: Watch out Newcastle.

I reckon Rocker will have had his cock out and rubbing up against some lasses thigh in a 'wey, grab the bastard then' suggestion by 8:30pm, Jill will have had to have refused Ali's advances 5 times by 10pm, Ali will have made a Roofy Colada out of Jill's Strongbow by 10:30pm, and MW will be posting us some terrible news about Sifu after he takes him out to Blue Velvet at the end of the night.