Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wish we'd just try to dominate rather than being so damn conservative. We've shown we've got better players who are much more efficient in front of goal, why not try and score some more?

Description of the goals anyone?

How we doing generally n all?

Gracias.

First goal came from Cabaye pressure on Christophe Berra - Berra gave it away, Cabaye crossed it to Cisse, ball cleared, then put back in the box and Cisse deflected the ball (which has been touched by a Wolves defender) into the top left corner over a Wolves player standing at the post.

Second goal was a Jonas rocket.  Cross cleared poorly by a Wolves player, ball falls to Jonas, he takes a touch then blasts a laserbeam into the upper left corner, rising all the way.

Overall, we've looked pretty poor.  Don't seem all that interested in doing anything except letting Wolves play in front of us, then hoofing it long and letting our very mobile and impressive strikers try to make something happen.

Very comfortable though.

Simpson's looked good so far. We need to see more of the ball though, there's still a long way to go for them to ome back if they're seeing that much of the ball. Fortunately, they haven't been doing too much with it.

Simpson infuriates me, man :lol: We worked really hard to keep possession by our left corner flag in a congested area of the pitch, we eventually -with great skill - manouevre out to the open right, and he plays it long and we lose possession :fuuu:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is anyone keeping a tally of how many of our goal kicks turn into us defending an attack a few minutes later?

I don't like how infrequently Krul just throws it out to Santon or Colo- we always do this reorganise/get ready to pump it long thing and we always lose it. We haven't got the personel.

Simpson's looked good so far. We need to see more of the ball though, there's still a long way to go for them to ome back if they're seeing that much of the ball. Fortunately, they haven't been doing too much with it.

Simpson infuriates me, man :lol: We worked really hard to keep possession by our left corner flag in a congested area of the pitch, we eventually -with great skill - manouevre out to the open right, and he plays it long and we lose possession :fuuu:

Agreed. The amount of times he loses possession by lumping it down the line in blind hope gets right on my tits.

Two goals fell into our lap in the first 20 minutes, and Wolves offer almost no threat. We're playing conservatively because of those things, we can sit back and let them play in front of us with ease.

I hope Pards injects some more positivity at half time, but I'm not surprised how we played in the first half and I'm not going to criticise them for it. It's exactly what you would expect.

I wish we'd just try to dominate rather than being so damn conservative. We've shown we've got better players who are much more efficient in front of goal, why not try and score some more?

Always happens when Pardew has had his fingers burnt being expansive. Needs to learn when to be (ie against shite) and when not to be (ie at whl) but not too worry.

Much like the Championship this season we have found the useful knack of being able to win whilst not being terribly good and just a shade less shit than the oppo.

Obvious reasons aside, really hope we can keep a clean sheet. Need to build up the confidence of our back four which must be pretty terrible at this point. Need this kind of game where they're put under scrutiny and come out without having conceded, by hell or high water.

Agreed. The amount of times he loses possession by lumping it down the line in blind hope gets right on my tits.

But he's rarely done that so far today. Made a few nice defensive moves as well as the shot.

But he's rarely done that so far today. Made a few nice defensive moves as well as the shot.

Maybe I'm just hypersensitive to his shiteness in possession because he seems to do it more often than not, today included.

The difference between right and left is fucking massive. Look forward to him being replaced in the summer. A big weak link.