Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Krul

Simpson        Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote      Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Jonas                Ba

Cisse

Swap Ba with Jonas and it's probably it.

We have been utter shit, to busy make shit tackles, playing to the crowd rather than playing fucking football. Where as Sunderland have been playing football. Don't know why people have been complaining about the referee he's got everything right so far.

Who got in the way of Colo there?

Colo got in the way of Cabaye who had a great chance.

Colo controlled the ball, moved it away from the defender and was about to strike the ball yet he got in the way of Cabaye?

Jog on.

Cabaye was the one approaching it on his stronger foot. Colo should probably have left it.

Aye, let Minhosa think he knows what hes talking about though.

If you'd played football you'd realise that in that motion Colo needs to get his shot away. He's got no idea Cabaye is there. Regardless, Cabaye should be waiting for the lay off and not sticking his foot through the ball when a NUFC player has it.

the link up between defence and forward is non-existant. Really need a change of tactic to happen otherwise this game is lost, mackems have been much calmer.

guess we've always got shola as a last resort..

We're getting all we deserve: nowt. Loads of long balls, ponderous play, slow, no ideas or invention. We're second to every ball and look flooded in the centre of the park.

Time for Pards to earn his money and get them playing.

Well that was garbage. As a match it's awful, and we've been worse. At least Sunderland have passed it about a bit. Definite penalty, and they probably deserve to be in front purely on the basis of better passing and far more effective tactics.

I spotted Ba telling Colo and Krul to keep the ball on the deck very early on and we've simply not done it. So is that the players ignoring the manager and even each other and playing it long regardless, or are these our tactics? Something needs to change, their defenders are strolling it and we've only looked a danger from set pieces. I'm expecting things to carry on as they are with Shola coming on around 75mins. At least if we're not going to play football he might hold the ball up better.

In this match, as long as we don't lose I don't really give a fuck how we do it. But going forward, questions have to be asked. This long ball shite isn't getting us anywhere, and is far too easily neutralised by the opposition regardless of their quality.

Krul

Tiote      Cabaye

Cisse

our fullbacks will get taken apart in this formation

Krul

Tiote      Cabaye

Cisse

inclined to agree, but i'd have Ba up top and Cisse roaming out wide as he is far more mobile. Further away from the box Ba gets the less effective he becomes.

Guest Klizsch

Krul

Tiote      Cabaye

Cisse

Wont happen, supposed to be a big hole between forwards and midfield

They will be tight and maybe a little deep now and hit us on the counter in the 2nd half. I can see no point putting Ben Arfa on the right. Raylor is never far enough forward to turn their defenders around and then cross it. There's no way Guti's going to RW and Ben Arfa at LW so the only option Pardew has is to bring Obertan on for Raylor and hope Obertan pushes them back a little.

Cisse seems a very good forward for smart through balls or early crosses, given the team has clearly been told not to do the former and doesn't really have the players for the latter i'm not sure it's worth keeping him on either. Maybe see if Shola can do his usual Mackem terrorism!

Up to 40 mins I was relieved it was only 0-1 from a gift. A bit better at the end though, but I hope Pards focuses what happened before that.

Both our wide players are passengers. Cabaye's been poor too, but he's had no options. Strikers aren't even getting scraps.

Krul caught at least two corners then kicked long twenty seconds later when everyone is back. That's very poor instructions.

(the Ba one looked a pen to me)

Guest VaVaVoom

We have been absolute shit so far. They have pressed the ball much better than us, they have passed and moved it much better than us...They have been much better than us...simple.

The ref hasnt helped matters though, stop start, stop start and quite a few wrong decisions in the middle of the park.

The penalty was a penalty like, frustrating though because we see those every week and they rarely are given. Simple fact of the matter is Williamson didnt need to do it though.

Get Ben Arfa on for Raylor...Dont think AP has it in him mind.

We need to rid this fuckin awful long ball football as well.

One dimensional turgid, negative, lifeless shit.

Plus, the atmosphere seems to be utter s**** for a derby.

Deflated immediately after the initial few hoof-balls and it became clear we had no intention of playing football today.

Woeful, woeful performance. Absolute joke of a gameplan.

Fucking great atmosphere for the first five minutes. Can't blame the crowd for being dumbfounded by Pardews "respectful" defensive long ball tactics. Carver should be having a fucking word instead of being a rim licking yes man.

Up to 40 mins I was relieved it was only 0-1 from a gift. A bit better at the end though, but I hope Pards focuses what happened before that.

Both our wide players are passengers. Cabaye's been poor too, but he's had no options. Strikers aren't even getting scraps.

Krul caught at least two corners then kicked long twenty seconds later when everyone is back. That's very poor instructions.

(the Ba one looked a pen to me)

It def looked a pen, arms extended push