Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Well that could have been a lot worse.

Not sure I like this Cisse Ba partnership, sad to say.

We have to think about the mf if we are to persist, but it looks like Cabaye and Tiote just isnt creative enough

Cisse and Ba will score goals when we get some quality out wide.

And yes, Cabaye and Tiote just don't do it. One of them will have to make way in the summer.

Fucking hell, after going in at half time lucky to only be 1-0 down we came out the game bitterly disappointed not to have won. Any other game and we would have won that. I'm so relieved those fuckers just haven't won. More of the 2nd half performances for the rest of the season please.

Shit match, shit performance, we got off lightly today. Such a shame about the penalty save but we deserved nowt really. HBA was a highlight though, some amazing skill and shots by him.

No idea why Shola didn't take the penalty, he's immense at them.

Relieved at the equaliser, can't believe that penalty decision for them, ridiculous.

Pardew not knowing the history i guess or SUPER SHOLA not having a word with Ba

We have to think about the mf if we are to persist, but it looks like Cabaye and Tiote just isnt creative enough

And yes, Cabaye and Tiote just don't do it. One of them will have to make way in the summer.

We can definitely play with 2 holding midfielders, you know that. But Pardew can't, that's the problem.

You were much, much better in the second half, but with Sunderland one man down that was the least you could expect. However, I hope Ben Arfa plays more often, I think you need a player like him to make stuff happen with a 2-man midfield.

Guest Spark

You were much, much better in the second half, but with Sunderland one man down that was the least you could expect. However, I hope Ben Arfa plays more often, I think you need a player like him to make stuff happen with a 2-man midfield.

Hit the nail on the head, there.

That's a tad unfair..they were very good until the ANC...Cabaye, also, hasn't been great for a while but showed signs 2nd half that he was coming good again...

Good second half. Ben Arfa MotM.

Had the whole defence panicking nearly every time he drifted toward the pen area while jinking and dribbling.

This should feel like a positive post, but it's not man.

Giving Pardew credit for bringing HBA on is ridiculous. It's like giving credit to Luz Afonso for bringing Eusebio on at half-time, when a five-year old could have told you he should be starting.