Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

You could argue about Pardew's selection today, of course.

But even after trying to forget the terrible first half - I'd say we would have lost without the red card. They would have been better on the counter and could have defended better.

They were very solid in defence, hard to break down. Can't say it's not a fair result today. Would have loved to get that last minute winner, though, of course.

that f***ing ref was a joke

how many games has he ref'd before that he actually bothered to award a penalty for shirt pulling???

answear none,

come a big derby game he decides to award one, talk about trying to hog the limelight, f***ing prick.

Yeah. Mike Dean hasn't refereed bigger games than that before. :lol:

It was a penalty every day of the week. Get over it.

penalty for that shirt pull really? everyday of the week ok

Guest vainsharpdad

Ben Arfa was excellent, but I feel that for him to start it's going to be the end of Santon.

*At* left back.

Danny Simpson and Ryan Taylor will continue to get games, so it's just the end of him in general until the end of the season.

You're probably right - but I'd put him in for Simpson.

Guest Phil K

Krul 9

Simpson 6

Wilo 1

To be fair, Williamson was a hundred times better second half. Bit unfair, that.

You could argue about Pardew's selection today, of course.

But even after trying to forget the terrible first half - I'd say we would have lost without the red card. They would have been better on the counter and could have defended better.

They were very solid in defence, hard to break down. Can't say it's not a fair result today. Would have loved to get that last minute winner, though, of course.

completely agree, but we did start well in the second half when they had 11 men, but there's noway we would have sustained that pressure without the redcard.

pardew is a clown

Krul  8

Simpson  6

Williamson  5

Coloccini  7

Santon  6

R.Taylor  5

Tiote  7

Cabaye  5

Jonas  5

Ba  6

Cisse  4

Ben Arfa  8

Shola  8

Spot on.

Aye, good scores, them.

Guest Phil K

Who is this biased bitch doing the interviews?

A f***ing 'meal of it'? Are ESPN taking the p*ss here?

ESPN have so far been so ANTI-Newcastle its ridiculous.

Even people who are the types to turn a blind eye to bias against us from the media are noticing this.

Krul 9

Simpson 6

Wilo 1

To be fair, Williamson was a hundred times better second half. Bit unfair, that.

he didnt have much to do really, him and krul could have had a little tea party.  so no you cant praise him for the second half.

It just highlights how fucking furious I am with him for his idiotic shirt pulling.  Idiot, urgh.

Guest Phil K

Krul 9

Simpson 6

Wilo 1

he didnt have much to do really, him and Krul could have had a little tea party.  so no you cant praise him for the second half.

He did a fair bit in their area too, still a tad unfair. Couldn't argue with 5 though.

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were fucking woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

In the bigger picture the style of play etc needs to be sorted out ASAP and is a worry. But you can separate this almost entirely from Sunderland at home.

Krul 9

Simpson 6

Wilo 1

Colo 8

Santon 7

Ryan Taylor 6

Cabaye 6

Tiote 8

Jonas 7

Ba 5

Cisse 5

Ben Arfa 8

Ameobi 9 motm

Loven -

You work for the sun?

Point?

Giving Williamson a 1...

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were fucking woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

In the bigger picture the style of play etc needs to be sorted out ASAP and is a worry. But you can separate this almost entirely from Sunderland at home.

Bang on Daveed.

kinda feel sorry for guthrie, think i would start him instead of cabaye, going by form,

cabaye been shyte lets be honest

really unlucky not to keep his place.

another master stroke by pards

Now you're having a go at Pardew for picking Cabaye above Guthrie? Anything else?

they reduced it to a brawl in the first half. we made it a football game in the second half

Hold on. I thought we reduced it to a brawl first half? They were actually playing football.

nah- cattermole came out to kick and get our players upset- set the tempo for the first half.

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were f***ing woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

I agree... but what is at the core.... what has happened to the MF.... just being by-passed and playing so deep.

Awful first half. Battered them in the second. Nearlly died when Ba missed the pelanty, I was actually screaming for Shola to take it :lol:

Hoping to God Pardew sorts out this negative approach and gives Ben Arfa a permanent spot in the team from now on.

Pardew got the substitutions wrong again, should have taken off Simpson, switched Santon onto the right. Well it obvious O'Neill is a better manager, got his tactics right even though they were down to ten men.

Were you even watching the same game?

Santon did bugger all. The two wide players on each side, HBA/Simpson and Taylor/Jonas, all linked up really well and were the source of just about every one of our chances from there on.

The subs were perfect.

You can't have Simpson and linking well at the same sentence. It was all HBA and Simpson had no part in it. I was shocked when Santon was taken off, Simpson was booked and Santon did well first half. Should've been Raylor or Simpson coming off.