Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

To think we're being outplayed by a Martin O Neill side makes my head explode.

Get the ball in the deck you cunts and draw them in.

HBA for Cisse here for me. Draw some fouls out of Cuntermole and Bardsley.

Be positive - Cisse to level things up,  and Ba to get the winner, with Cattermole sent off.

Cant see us getting shit if they dont get one sent off. Dare I say we have been closer to the red however with Simpson doing some idiotic wreckless stuff. Been deserving a yellow more than once.

Not Jamie Redknapp ‏ @LiterallyJamie  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite · Open

Latest; Faced with getting beaten at home, Newcastle United hastily rename their stadium 'The Sheryl Gascoigne Arena'

Well that was garbage. As a match it's awful, and we've been worse. At least Sunderland have passed it about a bit. Definite penalty, and they probably deserve to be in front purely on the basis of better passing and far more effective tactics.

I spotted Ba telling Colo and Krul to keep the ball on the deck very early on and we've simply not done it. So is that the players ignoring the manager and even each other and playing it long regardless, or are these our tactics? Something needs to change, their defenders are strolling it and we've only looked a danger from set pieces. I'm expecting things to carry on as they are with Shola coming on around 75mins. At least if we're not going to play football he might hold the ball up better.

In this match, as long as we don't lose I don't really give a f*** how we do it. But going forward, questions have to be asked. This long ball s**** isn't getting us anywhere, and is far too easily neutralised by the opposition regardless of their quality.

Problem with our 'direct' play is that it's very straight. Also, if Ba or Cisse do manage to get it they need a midfielder running towards them to play it off to. Our instructions are clearly though for the midfield 2 to remain deep at all times. Makes it very difficult.

Most frustrating part of the season for me. Works ok when were are expected to lose a game. When we are expect to win one we are knacked before the ball has been kicked. Reminds me of when we first signed Emre and we were excited to see someone that could actually run through the middle with the ball. It feels like an eternity since we have had that.  Should be a priority this summer because Tiote/Cabaye just doesnt work when we should be going all out for a win.

To think we're being outplayed by a Martin O Neill side makes my head explode.

Get the ball in the deck you cunts and draw them in.

HBA for Cisse here for me. Draw some fouls out of Cuntermole and Bardsley.

We have no one stepping up into the acres of space created when 7 sunderland players converge on whoever has the ball and, worse, no one daring to make that pass.  I can't guess why this is but when they press high up there's a fear that it's better to lose possession by hoofing than run the risk of a pass not coming off. 

We simply need to calm down and stop rushing everything, that foul by Cattermole has set the tone for the majority of the first half and we've fallen into their trap and they've managed to turn to tables on us, so that they're the team playing the football (what little there is) and we're the team running about like headless chickens. If we calm down and realise that we can beat them by simply playing better football than them, then we will and they will start to become the ones who are frustrated, they will revert to type and start getting niggley, Cattermole will get sent off, we'll have turned the tables back on them and we'll win the game. Sadly, I don't think that's too likely and I reckon it's going to be 1-1 at the end.

Krul

Simpson        Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote      Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Jonas                Ba

Cisse

inclined to agree, but i'd have Ba up top and Cisse roaming out wide as he is far more mobile. Further away from the box Ba gets the less effective he becomes.

Cisse far more mobile than Ba? Based on what exactly?

Based on me having eyes.