Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

Can see the subs argument. Shola for Cisse was spot on.  Bringing on Ben Arfa was also spot on,  but should have been for Simpson imo, he was on a yellow and is more of a liability than Santon, think Pardew is insane on that one, Santons forward play ironically would have been great after the sending off.. That said Raylor actually combined well up the left flank I was reasonably impressed.

I think after the sending off we could have sent Obertan on to really open them up, but its probably good we resisted as the Mackems only intentions were to sit 10 players in their own box and hope they catch a break. Pace wasn't essential. Still think he would have been a better bet than Lovenkrands.

Simpson should just not be in the team period.

4/5 on subs given the impact of Ben Arfa and Shola. Just a shame the starting hierarchy rule prevented Shola from taking the penalty, think we definately would have won it had that gone in.

Who is this biased bitch doing the interviews?

A f***ing 'meal of it'? Are ESPN taking the p*ss here?

ESPN have so far been so ANTI-Newcastle its ridiculous.

Even people who are the types to turn a blind eye to bias against us from the media are noticing this.

It's because we are... (gay post alert)

Breaking Free, Status Quo

...BREAKING THE STATUS QUO! Hw dare we aim to finish higher than 7th!

kinda feel sorry for guthrie, think i would start him instead of cabaye, going by form,

cabaye been shyte lets be honest

really unlucky not to keep his place.

another master stroke by pards

Now you're having a go at Pardew for picking Cabaye above Guthrie? Anything else?

yeah raylor on the wing,  santon at left back.  playing Ba in the hole.

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were fucking woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

In the bigger picture the style of play etc needs to be sorted out ASAP and is a worry. But you can separate this almost entirely from Sunderland at home.

Agreed, i'm really not too gutted. There's no doubting the first half was woeful and it's two points dropped against an inferior team, but a lot of the players deserve credit for digging in deep. We didn't lose faith and battered them from the start of the second half to the last, and got our reward.

We were worth a point without a doubt, imo. And, given our current form, i'd have been prepared to take that before the game.

they reduced it to a brawl in the first half. we made it a football game in the second half

Hold on. I thought we reduced it to a brawl first half? They were actually playing football.

nah- cattermole came out to kick and get our players upset- set the tempo for the first half.

They're the ones who created chances and passed the ball around. We lumped it and chased shadows.

Guest Wally_McFool

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were fucking woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

In the bigger picture the style of play etc needs to be sorted out ASAP and is a worry. But you can separate this almost entirely from Sunderland at home.

Yep, hoofing the ball to the front 2 whilst the midfield is sitting deep is shit.

Once we started using Jonas and Benny on the wings and stopped hoofing, we were all over the tramps.

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

O'Neill: "Two points have slipped through our fingers, the sending off was pivotal" #nufc #safc

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

O'Neill: "Cattermole was sent off for foul and abusive language , In mitigation some NUFC staff visited the refs room at half-time"

I hope he's really pissed off.

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were f***ing woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

Yep, hoofing the ball to the front 2 whilst the midfield is sitting deep is s***.

Once we started using Jonas and Benny on the wings and stopped hoofing, we were all over the tramps.

First half was the worst we've played all season and shouldn't be forgotten. Real test for Pardew to get us play well for the rest of the season.

Think some are going overboard a bit with this. The single most important thing in this fixture for me is to avoid defeat, almost no matter how that is acheived. Winning is just a fantastic bonus. We were f***ing woeful for nearly all the first half, but second half we pretty much battered them (including before the red card) and got a deserved point. By the skin of our teeth perhaps, but we still got it.

Agreed, i'm really not too gutted. There's no doubting the first half was woeful and it's two points dropped against an inferior team, but a lot of the players deserve credit for digging in deep. We didn't lose faith and battered them from the start of the second half to the last, and got our reward.

We were worth a point without a doubt, imo. And, given our current form, i'd have been prepared to take that before the game

im gutted because the first half showed that pardew really havent learnt anything,  and it shows, that is what he perceive to be an affective line-up against a well organized sunderland team. Did he not watch how WBA took them apart.  isnt that what managers do?

A fucking 'meal of it'? Are ESPN taking the piss here?

They are fucking shite. It's an embarrassment.

And Waddle is a fucking cunt. How can they justify having a commentator with such a strong anti-NUFC bias.

And to think I pay money to watch the fucking thing.

Wankbasket.

Guest Heneage

Does that mean Stephane and Cattermole will both miss three games?There's a certain hilarity that their favourite little pocket rocket essentially cost them the game.

Does that mean Stephane and Cattermole will both miss three games?There's a certain hilarity that their favourite little pocket rocket essentially cost them the game.

Looked a straight red for Cat so yes, but wasn't he suspended for 2 games anyway due to his yellow? Hope that's 5 games.

Pocket rocket? How gay are you?

they reduced it to a brawl in the first half. we made it a football game in the second half

Hold on. I thought we reduced it to a brawl first half? They were actually playing football.

nah- cattermole came out to kick and get our players upset- set the tempo for the first half.

They're the ones who created chances and passed the ball around. We lumped it and chased shadows.

that was my whole point. I think it was a deliberate tactic by mon. to get kicks in first and upset our players, get us in a brawl. then play thier football. it worked 1st half.

Guest VaVaVoom

7 for Ben Arfa? Fuck off man he was tremendous....9 for me.

Totally changed the game and was by far our best player...deserved a goal.

Worst half of football ever from us first half, miles better second half. Penalty was poor, HBA changed the game (again) and Shola saves us in the derby again.

Sort it out Pards.

A fucking 'meal of it'? Are ESPN taking the piss here?

They are fucking shite. It's an embarrassment.

And Waddle is a fucking cunt. How can they justify having a commentator with such a strong anti-NUFC bias.

And to think I pay money to watch the fucking thing.

Wankbasket.

The fact that he can't pronounce the word 'penalty' sends me fucking mental when listening to him.

Guest VaVaVoom

Worst half of football ever from us first half, miles better second half. Penalty was poor, HBA changed the game (again) and Shola saves us in the derby again.

Sort it out Pards.

Agreed.

Ben Arfa HAS to start against Arsenal but i reckon AP will go defensive...one striker (Ba) and a five man midfield of Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie and Raylor.