Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

I'll forgive tiotes reaction since the ref bottled blatant sendings off and pens all game. seems that's what you ave to do to get the right decision against the mackems. Has Tiote stood there and took is sess would have seen out the game with.

One of the Sunderland coaching staff was winding up our fans after they scored, just being a c**t of the highest order with the stewards naturally let him get on with it, and were more concerned with our fans getting provoked.

But his face when Shola scored, oh my, one of the sweetest things I've ever seen

Agreed about the points above about refs lacking consistency on certain decisions. That's what annoys players, managers and fans alike.

I thought we were very poor first half - too much feckin long ball, which played right into Turner's and O'Shea's hands. The introduction of Ben Arfa at half time was key, because he destroyed Richardson and showed why he must surely be worth a run in the team, down the right hand side. I'll also say about the sending off, Tiote did over-react but at least he made sure the referee saw it, otherise Sess would have stayed on.

Happy enough with the point, considering how poor we were first half. This long ball shite needs knocking on the head.

McClean was mentally weak today.  Will be found out in no time and relegated to Kevin Kilbane winger status.

Was thinking along exactly those lines myself.  He was the one I was most worried about; all I can remember of him is that he should have scored once, but didn't :)

Yeah, really nervous. Almost identical position to the one BAE scored against us the other week. He had no conviction and very slowly guided it at goal rather than belting it in.

He seemed fearless only a few months ago.

McClean was mentally weak today.  Will be found out in no time and relegated to Kevin Kilbane winger status.

Was thinking along exactly those lines myself.  He was the one I was most worried about; all I can remember of him is that he should have scored once, but didn't :)

Yeah, really nervous. Almost identical position to the one BAE scored against us the other week. He had no conviction and very slowly guided it at goal rather than belting it in.

He seemed fearless only a few months ago.

He's still a young lad in the end so he'll take today as some key experience. The importance and the hype of the Derby really overwhelmed him.

One of the Sunderland coaching staff was winding up our fans after they scored, just being a c**t of the highest order with the stewards naturally let him get on with it, and were more concerned with our fans getting provoked.

But his face when Shola scored, oh my, one of the sweetest things I've ever seen

Frazier campbell was celebrating infront of our fans, according to espn. anyone see anything?

Ryan Taylor ‏ @TaylorR1984

Funny reading all the BITTER SMB's.... There was only 1 football team on that pitch today, an there's only 1 team in the north east. #TOON

;D

Ryan Taylor ‏ @TaylorR1984

Funny reading all the BITTER SMB's.... There was only 1 football team on that pitch today, an there's only 1 team in the north east. #TOON

;D

He's worth keeping just for his Twitter :lol:

Frazier campbell was celebrating infront of our fans, according to espn. anyone see anything?

Aye he ran past us, with a massive cheesy smile, stewards told him off. Meyler sort of did the same

Guest Haris Vuckic

We should have won the game if justice was done.

Oh well, not getting beat is important and to take it away from them late on is sweet.

Aye he ran past us, with a massive cheesy smile, stewards told him off. Meyler sort of did the same

Not suprised by Meyler, everything about him especially twitter makes me hate him, hopefully his knee will pop again.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

some people wanting pardew to be sacked I'm reading on mutiple sites. These people are idiots, sack the man who has us in our highest position and best season since SBR and has us overachieving this season(people who think otherwise are delued). What's more is who do these clowns what to replace pardew ABV who was sacked by a club 2 points ahed of us and with twice the transfer budget? Get bent.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well, what can I say.... this was a proper Derby game. Fierce, thuggish and blood awful at times, but also bloody exciting. We have the players to win and should have won but I'm happy we didn't lose which we could have done. We started the half awful and I put that down to Pardew's tactics which never changed during the 1st half despite things clearly not working. R.Taylor was selected to play on the right flank to protect Simposn but he spent most of the game in the centre or wandering. I didn't see the penalty incident but my brother informed me although harsh, it was a pen following the letter of the law.

Anyway, they deservedly took the lead and were playing well enough. They were also much tougher in the tackle, quicker to loose balls and seemed generally more up for it. It wasn't until the final 10 minutes of the half until we started getting back into it and in the last 5 we were pinning them back, Demba unlucky with a header crashing off the bar and Colo having a good chance at the far post with a header.

After the break, with Ben Arfa on the right, and Taylor at left-back we looked a more balanced side. That said I would have replaced Taylor with Ben Arfa and kept Santon at left-back. Towards the back end of the first half him and Jonas were getting real joy.

Anyway into the second half and we came out much the better side and were really on top. I didn't see their sending off but again I'm informed it was deserved. We kept at them and although we were bitty and were still hoofing it at times, we were getting into them and they basically got into our half only a handful of times in the second half. Mind they should have went 2-0 up.

Shola coming on.... I knew he'd get a goal and when he was fouled and a pen was awarded, I was shocked he didn't take it, a few of us knew Ba would miss and he did. I sensed it was going to be one of those days but we kept going and ironically, we scored in injury time, the time allotted for their quite pathetic and disgraceful time wasting which was going on from their first goal kick.

We deserved the point and arguably all 3. Their fans were quiet throughout, only a for a few minutes did they pipe up and that was towards the 88 minute mark when they thought they were going hime with all 3. The atmosphere in general was very good but our tactics and some of the individual performances and our at times reluctance to keep possession or get it into the box quick enough caused anxiety in the stands and there were many around me not happy with Pardew.

Our tactics have to change because we'll struggle if they don't and so will the likes of Cisse, Ba and Cabaye.

Getting back to the mackems, they were better than us in the 1st half but they are a poor footballing side and quite thuggish. Their time wasting was a disgrace. And the ref... dont get me started on that cunt. Was shocking throughout. Cabaye got taken out by one tackle and he motioned for him to get up and get on with it, the same happened when Jonas and Tiote were taken out.

All in all a decent enough game and outcome.

Final word on Ben Arfa... he changed the game and HAS to start. If he doesnt Pardew can fuck off. Ryan Taylor was shit throughout, poor set pieces, slow and in the first half he played in the middle and not the right leaving Simpson exposed time and time again. Oh and did Lovenkrands really get some time on the pitch? :lol: Jesus wept!

fucking infuriating first half.  Just hoofing it constantly.  I noticed Colo and Willo sometimes tried to play it out from the back, the hoofing seems to stem from Krul.  Whether its Pardew or Woodman telling him to hit it long each time, it needs to stop.  Even in periods the back 4 were asking for it to feet and Krul was thumping it long.  Cisse wasn't winning anything yet we persisted.

Thought the world was gonna end when Ba missed that penalty like.  Total relief when the clown prince of Fenham scored.

They're dirty cunts and O'Neill is a fucking prick.